AMERICUS — Americus Police Department
• John M. Barnette, 30, of 725 Ebenezer Road, Ellaville is charged with failure to obey stop sign, driving while license suspended or revoked and DUI and was jailed.
• Dennis Bess, 48, of 1005 N. Jackson St., Americus is charged with simple batter and was jailed.
• Antonio T. Harris, 28, of 229 Burton Circle, Americus is charged with criminal trespass, terroristic threats and acts, and obstructing or hindering law enforcement officers and was jailed.
• Theft by taking was reported on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
• Disorderly conduct was reported on Bessie Mays Circle.
• Entering an auto was reported on Parker Street.
• Identity fraud was reported on Rose Avenue.
• Harassing phone calls were reported on Fulton Street.
• Financial transaction card fraud was reported on South Lee Street.
• Burglary was reported on Beale Street.
• Unruly juvenile was reported on Tom Hall Circle and Town Creek Circle.
Georgia State Patrol
• Brian K. Mercer, 18, of 120 Lonnie Lane Apt. 36, Americus is charged with DUI and speeding and was released on bond.
• Wade H. Jones, 63, of 1409 Clark Avenue, Columbus is charged with driving while license suspended or revoked and speeding and was jailed.
• Daniel G. Moran, 23, of 16 Thrasher Drive, Montezuma is charged with driving while unlicensed and was released on bond.
Leslie Police Department
• Sharon D. Chambers, 49, of 694 Main St., Lumpkin is charged with obstructing or hindering law enforcement officers, criminal damage to property and criminal trespass and was jailed.
Sumter County Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted EMS on four calls.
• Firefighters conducted a smoke investigation on Jenkins Road.
• Firefighters responded to a burn complaint on Cartwright Road. Resident had a large debris pile burning without proper permit. Fire was extinguished.
• Firefighters extinguished a small trash fire on Roney Street and Pecan Terrace.
• Firefighters extinguished a wild land fire and a small out building fire on Ga. Highway 49 South.
• Firefighter extinguished a small grass fire on Ga. Highway 308.
• Firefighters responded to a chemical spill at a residence on Salters Mill Road.
• Firefighters extinguished a grass fire at U.S. Highway 280 East and Crumpton Drive and on North Spring Creek Circle.
• Firefighters investigated a gas odor on Pecan Terrace, finding a faulty regulator in meter. The residence was ventilated and gas was turned off for repair.
• Firefighters ventilated a structure after a cooking related smoke scare on Tulip Circle.