Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• Firefighters assisted EMS on Belinda Circle and Hartman, East Lester and Ridge streets.
• A car fire was reported at the intersection of Staley and Allen streets. When firefighters arrived, they extinguished the fire within five minutes, checked the vehicle for hot spots and left.
• A traffic accident was reported at the intersection of U.S. Highway 280 and Ga. Highway 27. When firefighters arrived, passengers were out of their cars and EMS workers already had put one passenger in an ambulance. There was a small amount of fluid on the ground and a car horn was constantly sounding. Firefighters cut a cord in the vehicle’s engine and stopped the horn from sounding.
Americus Police Department
• Beau Ladon Clenney, 20, of Blakely is charged with open container while driving, loud and unnecessary noise and underage consumption or possession of alcohol.
• Joseph Lee French Jr., 40, of 1502 Parker St., Americus is charged with obstruction, criminal trespass possession of tools for a commission of a crime and two bench warrants, and was jailed.
• Tina Law, 43, of 127 Odom Road, Americus is charged with criminal trespass.
• Dwight F. Wright, 45, of 107 W. Lester St., Americus was arrested on a bench warrant, and was jailed.
• An unruly juvenile was reported on Woodland Avenue.
• Theft by taking was reported on Spring Street at an undeveloped lot between Carl Gregory and the Huddle House. An 8-foot metal water pipe was taken.
• A hit and run traffic accident was reported on West Lamar Street.
• A domestic problem was reported on Battle Way.
• Financial identity fraud was reported at Tom Hall Circle.
• A domestic dispute was reported on Bessie Mays Circle.
• Battery was reported in the parking lot of Pub 280 on West Lamar Street. Patrons of the establishment were fighting.
• A suspicious person/vehicle was reported on Lewis Low Court. The complainant said an unknown male wearing all black was knocking on her front door. When police arrived, the complainant said she was putting her children to bed and heard a knock at her front door, and thought someone was playing around. The person continued knocking and she looked out her front window to see who it was, and she saw a black male wearing all black and she called the police. The person ran away when she called the police. Police saw signs of a person who was walking around, but they were unable to find the suspect.
• Battery (domestic violence), simple battery and cruelty to children were reported on West College Street.
Sumter County Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted EMS on U.S. Highway 280 West, Americus and on Sam Hill Road in Leslie.
• A car fire was reported with possible entrapment at the intersection of Staley and Allen streets in Americus. When firefighters arrived, they found other agencies had taken care of the issue, and firefighters helped EMS.
• A traffic accident with injuries was reported on Mask Road in Americus.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Thomas Drive in Americus. When firefighters arrived, they found no fire, and found that the alarm had malfunctioned.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Melissa Ann Bruhn, 27, of 1116 Dr. Daryl Hart Road, Americus was arrested on a bench warrant, and was jailed.
• Gary Anthony Daniels, 20, of 1637-D U.S. Highway 280 East, Leslie is charged with criminal trespass and was jailed.
• Kenny Darrell Mayo, 39, of Phenix City, Ala., is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Stanley James Searcy, 44, of 34 Washington St., Preston is charged with felony theft by taking, and was jailed.
• Robert Sharp, 18, of Thomasville is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Larry Trull, 25, of 2549 Brady Road, Leslie is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• An abandoned vehicle was reported on Lee Street.
• Criminal trespass was reported on U.S. Highway 280 East.
• A domestic disturbance was reported on U.S. Highway 280 East.
• A domestic disturbance was reported on Pheasant Drive.
• A theft was reported at the Sumter County Health Department on Rucker Street.
Americus Fire and Emergency Services
- Area Beat
- Area Beat: March 2, 2014
- Area Beat: February 16, 2014
- Area Beat: February 12, 2014
- Area Beat: February 9, 2014
- Area Beat: February 2, 2014
- Area Beat: January 26, 2014
- Area Beat: January 19, 2014
- Area Beat: January 15, 2014
- Area Beat: January 5, 2014
- Area Beat: December 25,2013
- More Area Beat Headlines