AMERICUS — Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• Firefighters assisted EMS on 13 calls.
• An outside rubbish fire was reported on Judy Lane.
• A gas odor was reported on West Lamar Street; firefighters advised the resident to contact building owner to investigate for mold.
• A controlled burn was reported on Bumphead Road.
• Firefighters performed a smoke detector detail on Carter Street.
• Firefighters responded to minor traffic accidents on Tom Hall Circle, at Mayo and Forsyth streets, and at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Davenport Street.
• Firefighters responded to a false call on Anthony Street.
• Firefighters responded to an accidental alarm on South Lee Street.
Americus Police Department
• Eddie D. Covin, 28, of Leesburg is charged with driving while license suspended or revoked and DUI, and was released on bond.
• A juvenile was charged with theft by shoplifting at Discount Tobacco, 704 N. Lee St.
• Maria D. Gonzalez, 22, of 426-A S. Lee St., Americus is charged with driving while unlicensed (second offense).
• Charcia Sims, 25, of 157-B Lakeview Circle, Americus is charged with disorderly conduct.
• Dominique Shelton, 22, of 150 W. Rockhilll Drive, Americus is charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Robert L. Bailey, 60, of 205 Murphy Mill Road, Americus is charged with failure to maintain lane, DUI and driving while unlicensed.
• A juvenile was charged with runaway and unruliness on Hanson Drive.
• A juvenile was charged with runaway and unruliness at Eastview Apartments.
• Broderick T. Snead, 33, of 117 J.R. Campbell Sr. St., Americus is charged with inoculation, restraint, tagging of animals; and pens or enclosures within 300 ft. of building.
• Erica S. Lusane, 21, of 140 Lonnie Lane, No. 232, Americus is charged with operating a motor vehicle while registration is suspended, canceled or revoked, and no proof of insurance.
• Anthony G. Cane, 22, of 87 E. College St., Ellaville is charged with reckless driving, colliding with a fixed object, headlight requirements, fleeing or attempting to elude police officer, failure to maintain lane and DUI, and was jailed.
• Brantley D. Easom, 18, of 155 Jimmy Wolfe Drive, Americus is charged with underage possession of alcohol, and was released on bond.
• Forrest H. Savage, 18, of 126 E. Hill St., Americus is charged with reckless driving.
• Matthew B. Calcutt, 18, of 209 W. College St., Americus is charged with open container and underage possession/consumption of alcohol.
• Christopher Eastwood, 19, of Lilburn is charged with failure to obey traffic control device and underage consumption/possession of alcohol.