Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• A building fire was reported on Rucker Street.
• A cooking fire was reported on Parker Street.
• Firefighters assisted EMS on Laurel Circle.
Americus Police Department
• Criminal trespass was reported on Harris Street, Magnolia Village and Patterson Street.
• Identity fraud was reported on Lonnie Lane.
• Theft by taking was reported on Bush Circle and Park Row.
• Hit and run was reported on East Lamar Street.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Curtis Jackson, 43, of 251 Horton Drive, Americus is charged with disruption of a public school, and was released on bond.
• Jabori B. Kimbrough, 18, of 130 Hosanna Circle, Americus is charged with failure to stop at a stop sign, no tag, leaving the scene of an accident, instructional permit violation and theft by taking, and was jailed.
• Rutdel Perez, 25, of 1306 Ga. Highway 27 East, Americus is charged with DUI, driving while unlicensed, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to maintain lane and open container, and was jailed.
• Corriere D. Wilson, 23, of 722 Wheatley St., Americus is charged with criminal trespass, simple battery and aggravated assault, and was jailed.