AMERICUS — Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• Firefighters assisted EMS on eight calls.
• A vehicle fire was reported on Ridge Street; firefighters extinguished the fire and cooled all hot spots under the hood.
Americus Police Department
• Criminal damage was reported on North Jackson Street.
• Burglary was reported on East Glessner Street.
• Entering an auto was reported on Daniel Street where a GPS was taken.
• Entering an auto was reported on Taylor Street where a purse, keys and credit cards were taken.
• Hit and run was reported on Taylor Street.
• Criminal trespass was reported on Lewis Lowe Court.
Americus Probation Office
• Benjamin F. Clark, 37, of 134 Pecan Terrace, Americus is charged with probation violation, fleeing or attempting to elude police officers, driving while declared as a habitual violator and obstructing or hindering law enforcement officers, and was jailed.
Sumter County Fire Department
• Firefighters assisted EMS on six calls.
• Firefighters extinguished a shrubbery fire on Huntington Road. The cause in under investigation.
• A controlled burn was reported on Thrasher Road.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Kelvin T. Sims, 36, of 114 Pecan Circle, Plains is charged with probation violation, and was released by the court.
• Bradley L. Terry, 52, of 503 Winder St., Andersonville is charged with theft by taking, and was jailed.
• An unsecured door was reported on Basket Factory Road.
• Burglaries were reported on U.S. Highway 280 East and Fox Stephens Road.
• An overturned boat was reported at Philema Creek.
• An unruly juvenile was reported at the Ombudsman facility on East Forsyth Street.
• Theft was reported at the Sumter County Transportation Depot.
• A domestic disturbance was reported on Ga. Highway 49 South.
• An alarm activation was reported on Southerfield Road.
• Speeding and suspicious person were reported on Lexington Circle.
• Harassing phone calls were reported 5th Street.
• A traffic accident involving a deer was reported on Upper River Road.
• A suspicious vehicle was reported on Roy Circle.