AMERICUS — Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• Firefighters assisted EMS on three calls.
Americus Police Department
• Keith C. Bowens, 46, of 175 Ga. Highway 49 South, Lot 1, Americus is charged with theft by shoplifting, and was jailed.
• Selena R. Glover, 32, of 303 E. Glessner St., Apt. 15, Americus is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Hit and run was reported was reported on Felder Street.
• Burglary was reported on John Street where $550 was taken.
• Identity fraud was reported on Woodland Avenue.
• Theft by taking was reported on Prince Street where a wallet was taken.
• Theft by shoplifting was reported at Dollar General on Adderton Street.
Sumter County Fire Department
• A tree down was reported on Tallent Store and Myrtle Spring roads.
• A smoke odor was reported at Patton Drive and U.S. Highway 19 North.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Debra D. Pride, 32, of 235 Brookdale Drive, Americus is charged with driving while unlicensed and failure to maintain insurance, and was jailed.
• Ayleshia S. Welborn, 17, of 321 Lacross Road, Lot 16, Americus is charged with simple battery, and was jailed.
• Travion R. Thomas, 25, of 156 Lane Subdivision, Americus is charged with failure to appear in court, and was jailed.
• Willie E. Goodwin, 55, of Albany is charged driving while unlicensed and failure to dim lights, and was released on bond.
• Daniel A. Meola, 38, of 146 Starling Drive, Americus is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Tara Shumpert, 40, of 601-G Eastview Circle, Americus is charged with violation of school attendance law, and was jailed.
• Tawanda S. Roberts, 28, of 731 Tom Bailey, Americus is charged with unlawful to obtain or give to inmate any item without consent of jailer.
• Betty J. Calloway, 47, of 311 Hosanna Circle, Americus is charged with knowingly driving motor vehicle on suspended, canceled or revoked registration, and was released on bond.
• A blocked roadway was reported on East Shore Avenue.
• Harassing phone calls were reported on Arch Helms Road.
• A suspicious person was reported on Learning Lane.
• Fireworks sale, use, possession was reported on Ga. Highway 49 North.