The Americus Times-Recorder
Americus Fire and Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to calls for medical assistance on Tripp Street, Lamar Street, Simmons Drive, Belinda Circle, Lonnie Lane, Argo Street and Bessie Mays Circle.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm activation on Lamar Street.
Americus Police Department
• Melvin Lynn Crook, 46, of 191 Ga. Highway 49 South, Americus is charged with burglary, and was jailed.
• Corsica Sade’e Clark, 18, of 1004 Douglas Circle, Americus is charged with assault-battery.
• Jose Antonio men-jiver-Alfaro, 20, of Norcross is charged with driving while unlicensed, driving the wrong way on a one-way street and DUI.
• Alexis N. Thompson, 24, of 107 Sun Valley Drive. No. 5, Americus is charged with simple battery, probation violation and giving false information to law enforcement officers, and was jailed.
• Sadie M. Thompson, 22, of 107 Sun Valley Drive, No. 5, Americus is charged with aggravated assault, simple battery and disorderly conduct, and was jailed.
• Alonzo K. Lewis, 34, of 124 W. Peppermint Way, Americus is charged with parole violation, criminal trespass, aggravated assault and second-degree criminal damage to property, and was jailed.
• Theft by taking was reported on Maxwell Street where a weed eater, an edger and a hedge trimmer were reported stolen.
• Burglaries were reported on North Lee Street and Douglas Drive.
• An animal problem concerning a dog bite was investigated on East Forsyth Street.
• Deposit account fraud was reported on Fetner Drive.
• A warrant service was initiated on West Lamar Street.
• Burglary was reported on Murphy Mill Road where cash, a DVD player with remote control and a battery jump box were reported stolen.
• A hit and run was reported on East Lamar Street.
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
• State troopers investigated a traffic accident shortly before 8 p.m. Aug. 2 on Ga. Highway 27 East near Meadow Wood subdivision.
According to the accident report, Tanja Jones of Americus, driving a Honda motorcycle, was traveling west on 27 when she drifted off the roadway and traveled 169 ft. down an embankment before overturning in the ditch. The report said the driver took eyes of roadway for a few seconds. She and the motorcycle came to rest in the north ditch facing south.
The report said the driver was injured but had no information on if she was transported for treatment. There were no charges.
Sumter County Fire Department
• Firefighters responded to Middle River Road to a medical emergency.
• Firefighters responded to Young’s Mill Road for a medical emergency.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Jason T. Quick, 31, of Dell, Ark., is being held for investigation.
• Latori D. Spann, 34, of Norcross was arrested on a bench warrant and was being held for Fulton County.
• Deontra A. Thomas, 29, of 159 Briarpatch Circle, Americus is charged with driving while license is suspended or revoked and probation violation, and was jailed.
• Cleveland R. Wilbon, 35, of 1222 2nd Montgomery St., Americus is charged with aggravated assault, and was jailed.
• Deputies conducted traffic stops on U.S. Highway 19 South, at Ga. Highway 27 and Packinghouse Road, at U.S. Highway North and Allen Street, at Magnolia Street and U.S. Highway 19, at 8 Inn on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
• An abandoned vehicle was reported at U.S. Highway 19 North and Shiloh Road.
• Domestic disturbances were reported on Styles Robinson Road, Young’s Mill Road and Wiggins Road.
• A lost or stolen trailer tag was reported at the Sumter County Courthouse, 500 W. Lamar St.
• Burglary attempt was reported at Stoneridge Drive.
• Deputies assisted a motorist on Ga. Highway 377 South.
• Threats were reported on Lamar Road.
• Deputies responded to alarms on Old Hooks Road at Shallow Creek Farm, at Dollar General, Mayfire Drive and LaCrosse Road.
• Deputies removed a tree from U.S. Highway 19 South and Hines Road.