AMERICUS — Members of Calvary Episcopal Church observed Good Friday with the ‘Stages of the Cross’ procession that started at City Square on East Lamar Street. The procession went down South Lee Street to Calvary Episcopal, stopping at several points for scripture readings and prayer. Some members held signs that read ‘King of Kings,’ ‘Lord of Lords,’ and ‘Birth, Life and Resurrection’ for passers-by to see.
- Local News
Arrests made in thefts from autos
The Americus Police Department issued a press release Wednesday concerning arrests made in several entering auto cases.
- Bystander shot in theft attempt
- Sumter BOE approves superintendent’s contract 5-3
- Michael Myers named to President's Honor Roll at UNG
- Shorter University announces Dean’s List for Spring 2014
- SGSC announces spring 2014 academic honors lists
- Area residents make spring 2014 Dean's List at GSW
- Congressional essay contest winners
SGTC hires Jon Donnelly as new agricultural technology instructor
South Georgia Technical College (SGTC) President Sparky Reeves has announced that Jon Donnelly of Americus will be the instructor for SGTC’s newest program, the John Deere Agricultural Technology program.
- Sumter 4-Hers compete in state horse show
- More Local News Headlines
- Arrests made in thefts from autos