AMERICUS — Members of Calvary Episcopal Church observed Good Friday with the ‘Stages of the Cross’ procession that started at City Square on East Lamar Street. The procession went down South Lee Street to Calvary Episcopal, stopping at several points for scripture readings and prayer. Some members held signs that read ‘King of Kings,’ ‘Lord of Lords,’ and ‘Birth, Life and Resurrection’ for passers-by to see.
- Local News
Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
Dan Reeves, one of Americus’ most famous native sons, gave a tremendous keynote speech at the Americus/Sumter County Boys and Girls Club’s 16th annual Steak and Stake Charity Fundraiser dinner Tuesday evening on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University.
Bill Harris Sr. honored by Boys & Girls Club
A large crowd of family, friends and other supporters of Bill Harris Sr. gathered at the Americus/Sumter County Boys & Girls Club on Hosanna Circle Wednesday as the club was rededicated as the Bill Harris Sr. Boys & Girls Club Legacy Club. Harris was the driving force behind getting the Boys and Girls Club organization in Sumter County and he has continued to be involved with the organization.
- Roland and Krenson take Sumter BOE seats
- City of Americus votes 5-1 to shelve recycling ordinance, for now
- Denham Agency adds new agent
- Health inspections: July 25, 2014
- Local residents make Academic Achievement List at GSW
- GSW spring 2014 graduates
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- Stroke, osteoporosis screenings coming to Americus soon
- More Local News Headlines
- Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser