AMERICUS — Public hearings: The Sumter County Board of Education will hold public hearings regarding the closure of Cherokee Elementary School will be held at 6 p.m. today at Cherokee Elementary School, 300 Cherokee St., and 6 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Sumter County Board of Education Board Room, 100 Learning Lane. The public is welcome to attend.
- Local News
- Strong to severe thunderstorms possible in Sumter, Schley counties until 8 p.m. today
- Sumter BOE to hold called meeting
- Denham Agency adds new agent
- Health inspections: July 25, 2014
- Local residents make Academic Achievement List at GSW
- GSW spring 2014 graduates
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- Stroke, osteoporosis screenings coming to Americus soon
Bill Harris Sr. honored by Boys & Girls Club
A large crowd of family, friends and other supporters of Bill Harris Sr. gathered at the Americus/Sumter County Boys & Girls Club on Hosanna Circle Wednesday as the club was rededicated as the Bill Harris Sr. Boys & Girls Club Legacy Club. Harris was the driving force behind getting the Boys and Girls Club organization in Sumter County and he has continued to be involved with the organization.
Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
Dan Reeves, one of Americus’ most famous native sons, gave a tremendous keynote speech at the Americus/Sumter County Boys and Girls Club’s 16th annual Steak and Stake Charity Fundraiser dinner Tuesday evening on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University.
- More Local News Headlines