AMERICUS — Public hearings: The Sumter County Board of Education will hold public hearings regarding the closure of Cherokee Elementary School will be held at 6 p.m. today at Cherokee Elementary School, 300 Cherokee St., and 6 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Sumter County Board of Education Board Room, 100 Learning Lane. The public is welcome to attend.
- Local News
- Don't forget to vote today!
- City of Americus votes 5-1 to shelve recycling ordinance, for now
- County departments save over $400,000
Candidates give last words to voters before Tuesday
Sumter County voters return to the polls again on Tuesday to determine who will fill two seats on the Sumter County Board of Education.
- Sumter County shows good turnout for absentee/early voting for runoff election
- Larry Jackson receives award in Minneapolis
- Health inspections: July 18, 2014
Steve Perry newest board member at Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank of Americus has announced that Steve Perry has been appointed as the newest member of the bank’s board of directors.
- Americus student excels at Ole Miss
- Locals graduate Georgia Tech
- More Local News Headlines