AMERICUS — The 2nd Annual Crowns for a Cure Pageant is at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Rylander Theatre, downrtown Americus. Tickets are $6 and still available at the Rylander Box Office.Come have some family fun and support your Phoebe Sumter Medical Center family members who will be competing for a crown! All proceeds are given to Relay for Life and PSMC Oncology.
- Local News
Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
Dan Reeves, one of Americus’ most famous native sons, gave a tremendous keynote speech at the Americus/Sumter County Boys and Girls Club’s 16th annual Steak and Stake Charity Fundraiser dinner Tuesday evening on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University.
- Sumter BOE to hold called meeting
- Denham Agency adds new agent
- Health inspections: July 25, 2014
- Local residents make Academic Achievement List at GSW
- GSW spring 2014 graduates
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- Stroke, osteoporosis screenings coming to Americus soon
Bill Harris Sr. honored by Boys & Girls Club
A large crowd of family, friends and other supporters of Bill Harris Sr. gathered at the Americus/Sumter County Boys & Girls Club on Hosanna Circle Wednesday as the club was rededicated as the Bill Harris Sr. Boys & Girls Club Legacy Club. Harris was the driving force behind getting the Boys and Girls Club organization in Sumter County and he has continued to be involved with the organization.
- City of Americus shelves recycling program for now
- More Local News Headlines
- Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser