PRESTON — At Webster County Schools, students are offered a unique class called ‘Study Skills’ which is designed to assist students in better understanding the material from each of their content area classes and to do better on the CRCT. During each week, days are assigned and lessons planned for each of the content areas. Mondays are for reading and Thursdays are for math, etc. Teachers work to plan creative ways, such as technology, to redeliver classroom material so students gain a better understanding of the content. As seen here, James McCullough’s study skills class was reviewing ‘erosion’ by watching a BrainPop video on the SmartBoard. After watching the video, students took a quiz. Students in the photo are Kabrian Moses, Trewan Wright and and Jalen Mosley.
- Local News
- Volunteerism: It takes time, talent, resources
- Arts in Rees Park is April 26
- City to continue search for police chief
- Old Farm Days coming to Archery
New Financial Aid director named at South Georgia Tech
Carrie Ann Wilder of Ellaville has been named Financial Aid director at South Georgia Technical College (SGTC), announced President Sparky Reeves. Her appointment was effective April 1.
- Sumter County Democratic Forum
- Day 100
- Americus-Sumter County High School Band invited to perform in Philadelphia Thanksgiving Parade
- Health inspections: April 13, 2014
- Wild Adventures at SGTC
- More Local News Headlines