AMERICUS — Former City of Americus finance director Suzanne Freeman and former Americus Police Chief Mark Gerbino have filed separate lawsuits against Americus Mayor Barry Blount, City CAO Laura Lee Bernstein, former City CAO Charlotte Cotton and the Mayor and City Council of Americus. Freeman’s lawsuit was filed May 22 in Sumter Superior Court by the plaintiffs’ attorney, S. Wesley Woolf of Savannah. Gerbino's lawsuit was filed May 2 by his attorney, William R. Claiborne, of Savannah. Read details in Friday's print and online editions.
- Local News
- Roland and Krenson take Sumter BOE seats
- Photo gallery: 2014 Boys and Girls Club Steak and Stake dinner Here are a few images from an exciting 16th Annual Steak and Stake Dinner on Tuesday, July 22.
- City of Americus votes 5-1 to shelve recycling ordinance, for now
- County departments save over $400,000
Candidates give last words to voters before Tuesday
Sumter County voters return to the polls again on Tuesday to determine who will fill two seats on the Sumter County Board of Education.
- Roland and Krenson ahead with one precinct left to report
- Stand by for local election results
- Don't forget to vote today!
- Sumter County shows good turnout for absentee/early voting for runoff election
- Larry Jackson receives award in Minneapolis
- More Local News Headlines