AMERICUS — According to Sumter County Sheriff Pete Smith, trees were blown down Friday when when rain and high winds came into the area. Smith said he was surveying the area and reported trees down on Poole Gin House Road, Tallent Store Road, Myrtle Springs and South Lee Street Road near McLittle Bridge.
- Local News
- Strong to severe thunderstorms possible in Sumter, Schley counties until 8 p.m. today
- Sumter BOE to hold called meeting
- Denham Agency adds new agent
- Health inspections: July 25, 2014
- Local residents make Academic Achievement List at GSW
- GSW spring 2014 graduates
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- Stroke, osteoporosis screenings coming to Americus soon
Bill Harris Sr. honored by Boys & Girls Club
A large crowd of family, friends and other supporters of Bill Harris Sr. gathered at the Americus/Sumter County Boys & Girls Club on Hosanna Circle Wednesday as the club was rededicated as the Bill Harris Sr. Boys & Girls Club Legacy Club. Harris was the driving force behind getting the Boys and Girls Club organization in Sumter County and he has continued to be involved with the organization.
Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
Dan Reeves, one of Americus’ most famous native sons, gave a tremendous keynote speech at the Americus/Sumter County Boys and Girls Club’s 16th annual Steak and Stake Charity Fundraiser dinner Tuesday evening on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University.
- More Local News Headlines