AMERICUS — Spanish is a new class offering to Staley Middle School students this year, but upon entering the class you would think students had been speaking Spanish for much longer. The eighth-grade students enter the classroom and Spanish is virtually the only language spoken. Shown are eighth-grade students in a performance task which includes a restaurant scene with one student being the server and the other the guest. The server welcomes the guest and provides a menu written in Spanish, from which the meal is ordered. All dialogue is in Spanish and once the order is taken the server must go retrieve the food items and serve them to the guest. Seated is Madison Simmons and the server is Jazzmine Austin. Villalta Sapp is the Spanish teacher.
- Local News
- City of Americus votes 5-1 to shelve recycling ordinance, for now
- County departments save over $400,000
Candidates give last words to voters before Tuesday
Sumter County voters return to the polls again on Tuesday to determine who will fill two seats on the Sumter County Board of Education.
- Sumter County shows good turnout for absentee/early voting for runoff election
- Larry Jackson receives award in Minneapolis
- Health inspections: July 18, 2014
Steve Perry newest board member at Citizens Bank
Citizens Bank of Americus has announced that Steve Perry has been appointed as the newest member of the bank’s board of directors.
- Americus student excels at Ole Miss
- Locals graduate Georgia Tech
- First Saturday program is Aug. 2 at Andersonville National Historic Site
- More Local News Headlines