AMERICUS — Spanish is a new class offering to Staley Middle School students this year, but upon entering the class you would think students had been speaking Spanish for much longer. The eighth-grade students enter the classroom and Spanish is virtually the only language spoken. Shown are eighth-grade students in a performance task which includes a restaurant scene with one student being the server and the other the guest. The server welcomes the guest and provides a menu written in Spanish, from which the meal is ordered. All dialogue is in Spanish and once the order is taken the server must go retrieve the food items and serve them to the guest. Seated is Madison Simmons and the server is Jazzmine Austin. Villalta Sapp is the Spanish teacher.
- Local News
- Volunteerism: It takes time, talent, resources
- Arts in Rees Park is April 26
- City to continue search for police chief
- Old Farm Days coming to Archery
New Financial Aid director named at South Georgia Tech
Carrie Ann Wilder of Ellaville has been named Financial Aid director at South Georgia Technical College (SGTC), announced President Sparky Reeves. Her appointment was effective April 1.
- Local church decorates to show support for Ukrainians
- Sumter County Democratic Forum
- Day 100
- Americus-Sumter County High School Band invited to perform in Philadelphia Thanksgiving Parade
- Health inspections: April 13, 2014
- More Local News Headlines