AMERICUS — The NOAA advises:
A chance of moisture across Central Georgia.
- Precipitation is expected to begin this evening and end by 1-2 AM. Precipitation is expected to begin as rainfall...with a change over to a wintry mix after 9 PM for a few hours.
- Colder air will spread south as the moisture is exiting the region, which will result in the wintry mix.
- NO accumulations are expected at this time.
- Temperatures will fall below freezing overnight.
- Precipitation amounts are generally less than 0.1" across central GA, and less than 0.05" farther north (including the metro area). If the roads are able to wet, any roads that are unable to dry will be susceptible to patches of black ice through Friday morning.