AMERICUS — Personnel with the Americus Police Department and Americus Fire and Emergency Services were working at 7 p.m. in the area of Columbia and Valley Drive. Charlotte Cotton, city administrator, said that heavy winds had gone through the area and caused trees to fall on houses. "They don't know if it was a tornado or just high winds," Cotton said.
- Local News
- Tourism project to capture Sumter’s rich history
- Homes for the Holidays
- Lifestyle pushes cancer rate up in South Georgia
- SGTC announces GOAL award semi-finalists
- Sing Gloria at First United Methodist Church, Americus
- Red Ribbon
- Photo of the Day: December 1, 2013
‘Blind Side,’ ‘Walking Dead’ actor coming to Rylander Theatre stage
IronE Singleton, an Atlanta-born actor, will be presenting his one-man stage production at 8 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Rylander Theatre, downtown. Singleton is best known for his roles in “The Walking Dead” television series and the Oscar Award-nominated film “The Blind Side.”
- Giant stocking up for grabs
GSW chemistry professor named 2013-2014 Featured Scholar
Nedialka Iordanova, Ph.D., associate professor of chemistry, was announced as Georgia Southwestern State University’s 2013-14 Featured Scholar today by President Kendall A. Blanchard, Ph.D.
The public is invited to join the GSW community at a reception honoring Iordanova at 4 p.m. Monday in the Rotunda of the Wheatley Administration Building.
- More Local News Headlines