AMERICUS — Each Tuesday, 10 Georgia Southwestern State University students and their teacher, Lynn Larsen, will hold class on the Staley Middle School Campus. The students, from the GSW School of Education, middle grades science methods course, will meet at Staley from 8-10:30 a.m. each Tuesday through April. Larsen stated that this is a different type of field experience for the students which will provide an opportunity to develop a collaboration between the GSW Science course and a local school. Here, Larsen and her students in their Staley classroom.
- On Campus
- Americus student excels at Ole Miss
- Locals graduate Georgia Tech
- VSU announces spring 2014 graduates
- John Alford earns faculty honors at Georgia Tech
- Sumter student receives scholarship to Darton
Sumter Elementary fifth-graders record change through experiments
Sumter County Elementary School students from Maggie Fletcher’s homeroom measured, mixed and marveled at the change in color when two substances were combined to make a solution during their science lab investigation.
- SGTC announces Spring 2014 President’s List
- Working with iPods
- SGTC holds 2014 GED graduation
- Sizzling science
- More On Campus Headlines