AMERICUS — Spanish is a new class offering to Staley Middle School students this year, but upon entering the class you would think students had been speaking Spanish for much longer. The eighth-grade students enter the classroom and Spanish is virtually the only language spoken. Shown are eighth-grade students in a performance task which includes a restaurant scene with one student being the server and the other the guest. The server welcomes the guest and provides a menu written in Spanish, from which the meal is ordered. All dialogue is in Spanish and once the order is taken the server must go retrieve the food items and serve them to the guest. Seated is Madison Simmons and the server is Jazzmine Austin. Villalta Sapp is the Spanish teacher.
- On Campus
- Michael Myers named to President's Honor Roll at UNG
- Shorter University announces Dean’s List for Spring 2014
- SGSC announces spring 2014 academic honors lists
- Area residents make spring 2014 Dean's List at GSW
SGTC hires Jon Donnelly as new agricultural technology instructor
South Georgia Technical College (SGTC) President Sparky Reeves has announced that Jon Donnelly of Americus will be the instructor for SGTC’s newest program, the John Deere Agricultural Technology program.
- GSW a tobacco-free campus beginning today
- SGTC to engage with community Friday for first Community LIFE Day
- Local residents make Academic Achievement List at GSW
- GSW spring 2014 graduates
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- More On Campus Headlines