AMERICUS — These students are leading their class in accelerated reading points for the school year at Southland Academy. Elementary students read books they have selected and take the quiz for the book. They are awarded points based on their test score for the book. Collectively these students have taken 2,251 AR tests and scored 2,507 points. Overall, students in grades 1-5 have taken 9,812 tests and scored 8,424 points. Shown front row, from left, are Prey Patel, Zoe Lopez, Ella Haugabook, Kennedy Tarrer, Brookland Weaver, Alana Blankenship, Cayce Joyner, Macie Deriso, Maddie Godwin and Lily Haugabook; and back row, from left, are Alec Tan, Sarah Murphy, Anna Kate Tomlinson, Kara Hubbard, Deh Patel, Macy Williams, Sydney Payne, Madeline Jones and Parker Reeves. Not shown is Gage Waddell.
- On Campus
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- Our Opinion: July 25, 2014
- Americus student excels at Ole Miss
- Locals graduate Georgia Tech
- VSU announces spring 2014 graduates
- John Alford earns faculty honors at Georgia Tech
- Sumter student receives scholarship to Darton
Sumter Elementary fifth-graders record change through experiments
Sumter County Elementary School students from Maggie Fletcher’s homeroom measured, mixed and marveled at the change in color when two substances were combined to make a solution during their science lab investigation.
- SGTC announces Spring 2014 President’s List
- Working with iPods
- More On Campus Headlines