AMERICUS — Due to the far reaching effects of Superstorm Sandy, we are experiencing difficulties with our phone system. We are open today for regular business hours. We apologize to our customers currently trying to reach us via telephone. We anticipate this interruption to be brief.
- Local News
Randolph Barksdale (far left), Dan Reeves (second from left), Ann Harris (second from right), and Bill Harris, Sr. (far right) pose for a picture prior to the event. See more photos on 10B.
Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
Dan Reeves, one of Americus’ most famous native sons, gave a tremendous keynote speech at the Americus/Sumter County Boys and Girls Club’s 16th annual Steak and Stake Charity Fundraiser dinner Tuesday evening on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University.
- Bill Harris Sr. honored by Boys & Girls Club
- Roland and Krenson take Sumter BOE seats
- City of Americus votes 5-1 to shelve recycling ordinance, for now
- Denham Agency adds new agent
- Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
- Local Sports
Schley County’s Corbin signs to play football at Point University
Matt Corbin, a multi-sport standout at Schley County High School, recently signed with Point University in West Point, Ga. to continue his football career at the college level. The 2013 All-Region 4-A first teamer and Americus Times-Recorder All-Area selection plans to help the Skyhawks football team out in multiple positions, just as he did for the Wildcats.
- Russ signs with GSW women's basketball
- Three Southland coaches receive Coach of the Year honors
- Americus Travelers finish in top 3 at USSSA World Series
- Raiders lend a hand at Andersonville NHS
- Schley County’s Corbin signs to play football at Point University
- Your Community FYI
- On Campus
- Area Beat
- Local Columnists
- Real estate transactions
- Steppin’ Out
- Marriages / Divorces
- Church Briefs