AMERICUS — It is time once again to "spring forward" as Daylight Savings Time will begin during the early morning hours of Sunday, March 11. Fire departments encourage you to go to the extra effort this year and change the batteries in your smoke detectors too as you move your clocks ahead one hour. The official time to roll your clocks ahead one hour is 2 a.m.
- Local News
This is just a portion of the items found in the execution of search warrants in the entering auto investigation. For more information, contact the Americus Police Department at 229-924-3677.
Arrests made in thefts from autos
The Americus Police Department issued a press release Wednesday concerning arrests made in several entering auto cases.
- Bystander shot in theft attempt
- Sumter BOE approves superintendent’s contract 5-3
- Michael Myers named to President's Honor Roll at UNG
- Shorter University announces Dean’s List for Spring 2014
- Arrests made in thefts from autos
- Local Sports
GSW men's basketball adds South Carolina transfer Damien Leonard
Georgia Southwestern State University head men's basketball coach Mike Leeder announced the addition of Damien Leonard, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound guard, to the Hurricane roster for the 2014-15 season. Leonard comes to GSW after spending two years at Southeastern Conference member the University of South Carolina, appearing in 58 games over the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
- Former NFL coach speaks to Americus-Sumter students
- Jets add Richmond Academy’s Roberts
- Russ signs with GSW women's basketball
- Schley County’s Corbin signs to play football at Point University
- GSW men's basketball adds South Carolina transfer Damien Leonard
- Your Community FYI
- On Campus
- Area Beat
- Local Columnists
- Real estate transactions
- Steppin’ Out
- Marriages / Divorces
- Church Briefs