AMERICUS — Phoebe Sumter Medical Center, in conjunction with the American Red Cross, sponsors a community blood drive in memory of Josh Willis from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17 at First Baptist Church, South Lee Street. Call 924-2026 to make an appointment or schedule online at redcrossblood.org using sponsor code psmc.
- Local News
Randolph Barksdale (far left), Dan Reeves (second from left), Ann Harris (second from right), and Bill Harris, Sr. (far right) pose for a picture prior to the event. See more photos on 10B.
Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
Dan Reeves, one of Americus’ most famous native sons, gave a tremendous keynote speech at the Americus/Sumter County Boys and Girls Club’s 16th annual Steak and Stake Charity Fundraiser dinner Tuesday evening on the campus of Georgia Southwestern State University.
- Bill Harris Sr. honored by Boys & Girls Club
- Roland and Krenson take Sumter BOE seats
- City of Americus votes 5-1 to shelve recycling ordinance, for now
- Schley County Schools begin Aug. 1
- Reeves speaks to large audience at Steak and Stake fundraiser
- Local Sports
Schley County’s Corbin signs to play football at Point University
Matt Corbin, a multi-sport standout at Schley County High School, recently signed with Point University in West Point, Ga. to continue his football career at the college level. The 2013 All-Region 4-A first teamer and Americus Times-Recorder All-Area selection plans to help the Skyhawks football team out in multiple positions, just as he did for the Wildcats.
- Russ signs with GSW women's basketball
- Three Southland coaches receive Coach of the Year honors
- Americus Travelers finish in top 3 at USSSA World Series
- Raiders lend a hand at Andersonville NHS
- Schley County’s Corbin signs to play football at Point University
- Your Community FYI
- On Campus
- Area Beat
- Local Columnists
- Real estate transactions
- Steppin’ Out
- Marriages / Divorces
- Church Briefs