Area beat: Feb. 6, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
(From Jan. 28-Feb. 1)
• Firefighters responded to 24 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to Jefferson Street to a leaking water hydrant. Public Works employees said they were working in the area, and the main burst.
• Firefighters responded to West Dodson Street to assist Americus Police in gaining entry into a house. They informed police via phone where the key was located, and returned to station.
• Firefighters responded to Patterson Street to a traffic accident.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Lamar Street. The business owner said construction was ongoing inside which had activated the alarm.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Forrest Street.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Sumter County Fire & Rescue was on scene outside. The key holder arrived and fire personnel entered the building. It was found to be an unintentional alarm activation.
• Firefighters responded to Walnut Drive to a vehicle fire. They found a truck 80 percent involved in flames. After extinguishing the fire, the cause was undetermined.
Americus Police Department
• Eran D. Sims, 25, of 240A Dudley St., Americus; felony second-degree burglary, felony theft by taking, and parole violation; jailed. (1-30-19)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
• Chad M. Foster, 48, of 3709 South Lee Street Road, Americus; DUI; released on bond. (1-19-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Kenneth L. Davis, 26, of 1807 Maxwell St., Americus; false report of a crime; released on bond. (1-23-19)
• Thiago Elias, 22, of 1005-A Danham Drive, Americus; simple battery; released on bond. (1-22-19)
• Sekeitha D. Waters, 25, of 1537-B N. Jackson St., Americus; speeding and misdemeanor possession of marijuana; released on bond. (1-22-19)
• Raphalla M. Garcia, 43, of 918 Hooks Mill Road, Americus; violating terms of Drug Court; released on time served. (1-18-19)
• Racheed D. Henley, 44, of College Park; felony probation violation; jailed. (1-21-19)
• Tavares M. Jones, 41, of 311 McCoy St., Americus; felony first-degree burglary; jailed. (1-20-19)
• Robert C. Ward, 34, of Albany; felony failure to appear in court on finger printable charge; released on bond. (1-21-19)
• Robert C. Wiley, 33, of 773 Flintside Drive, Cobb; felony probation violation; jailed. (1-19-19)
• Jason McClaster, 36, of 826 McMath Mill Road Extension, Americus; failure to maintain insurance, failure to have license on person, and obscured or missing license plate. (1-12-19)
• Charles C. Harvey, 20, of 1031 Elm Ave., Americus; speeding. (1-20-19)