Area beat: April 13, 2019
Published 10:32 am Saturday, April 13, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 14 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on South Hampton Street. The call was cancelled enroute because a caller advised the alarm system was being tested.
• Firefighters responded to South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to a report of a tree falling on a power line. They contacted Georgia Power.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a gas smell on Barbara Battle Way. No hazards were found and the scene was turned over to the Housing Authority of Americus.
• Firefighters responded to Douglas Circle to a report of a burning smell. No hazards were found but they detected a light odor of dust from the air ducts and advised the occupant to turn air conditioning off and to contact an electrician.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard which was activated when the stove was lighted.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on South Lee Street.
• Firefighters responded to South Lee Street to a report of man trapped on a roof. They observed a man on the roof of a three-story structure and using an extension ladder, assisted the man dwn to the second story and into a window.
Americus Police Department
• James D. Brown, 50, of 1315 First Montgomery St., Americus; misdemeanor theft by taking, criminal trespass, possession of tools for commission of a crime, obstruction of law enforcement officers, and loitering; jailed. (4-8-19)
• Eddie J. Chatmon, 37, of 1326 S. Lee St., Americus; DUI, failure to maintain lane, and too fast for conditions; released on bond. (4-8-19)
• Granger L. Lewis, 50, of 703 Fulton St., Americus; parole violation; jailed. (4-8-19)
• Eddie Mitchell, 50, no address provided; driving while license is suspended or revoked. (4-3-19)
• Kristin Welch, 37, no address provided; misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and passing in a no-passing zone. (4-3-19)
• Kerry L. Wright, 60, of 211 May Road, Oglethorpe; probation violation; jailed. (4-10-19)
• Kentrell L. Hawkins of Americus; too fast for conditions and failure to stop at a stop sign. (4-8-19)
• Rosie Polk of Americus; improper right turn. (4-9-19)
• Leon Spivey of Cordele; improper lane change. (4-4-19)
Sumter County Fire & Rescue
• Firefighters responded to one call for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, but were cancelled enroute.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• William L. Andrews, 51, of 293 Memorial Mile. Americus; sentenced to serve 90 days. (4-8-19)
• Betty Jean M. Crawford, 56, of Valdosta; driving with expired license, refusing to sign citation, open container, driving wrong way on a one-way street, and DUI; jailed. (4-11-19)
• Victor O. Eulogio-Cotino, 32, of 418 Pennington Road, Andersonville; failure to maintain lane and driving while unlicensed; jailed. (4-10-19)
• Cornelius J. Hall, 30, of 120 Matt Hart Drive, Americus; bench warrant; jailed. (4-8-19)
• Brittany N. Harbuck, 24, of 485 Arch Helms Road, Americus; aggravated assault and third-degree or subsequent offense of cruelty to children; jailed. (4-10-19)
• Brianna M. Johnson, 24, of 900 Southwestern Circle, Apt. 504, Americus; simple battery (Family Violence Act); released on bond. (4-8-19)
• Ronald K. Johnson, 40, of 1723 Tallent Store Road, Americus; felony second-degree burglary, possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance and possession of a drug-related object; jailed. (4-11-19)
• Marqauvious Minter, 25, of Columbus; bench warrant violation of child support order; jailed. (4-8-19)
• Laquacus S. Paul, 38, of Cordele; felony theft by taking; released on bond. (4-5-19)
• Nicholas B. Pergola, 28, of Thomaston; felony probation violation; jailed. (4-4-19)
• David M. Pride, 39, of 807 Hawkins St., Americus; obstruction of law enforcement officers, and failure to report accident; jailed. (4-5-19)
• Henry L. Sims III, 39, of 1324 Second Montgomery St., Americus; failure to report accident and failure to maintain lane; released on bond. (4-7-19)
• Jessie L. Smith, 36, of 105 Falcon Drive, Americus; false report of a crime, obstruction of law enforcement officers, and false statements or writings/conceal facts or fraudulent documents in matters of government; jailed. (4-5-19)
• Kevin J. Wallace, 26, of Cobb; misdemeanor failure to appear in court for a finger printable charge; released on bond. (4-10-19)
• Nicholas Westberry, 36, of 266 Lot D Tulip Drive, Americus; violations of terms of drug court; released on time served. (4-5-19)
• Latosha S. Williams, 35, of 876 Young’s Mill Rad, Plains; third-degree or subsequent charge of cruelty to children, criminal trespass, and battery; released on bond. (4-10-19)
• Steven Wright, 36, of Spokane, Wash.; child molestation and enticing a child for indecent purposes; jailed. (4-5-19)