Area beat: May 18, 2019
Published 10:42 am Saturday, May 18, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to nine calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to Pecan Terrace for an automatic aid fire alarm but were cancelled in route.
- Firefighters responded to a smoke detector activation on Winn Street. It was caused by burning food.
- Firefighters responded to 17th Green to a report of a tree in the roadway. They removed enough of the tree to open a lane to traffic.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Lee Street.
- Firefighters went to South Hampton Street to investigate a beeping smoke alarm. They replaced a battery and discussed a home fire escape plan with the owner.
Americus Police Department
- Marissa Argelia, 38, of 538 U.S. Highway 280 East, Lot 67, Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (5-9-19)
- Joshua I.O. Brown, 33, of 153 Rockdale Subdivision, Americus; driving while license is suspended or revoked, improper backing, fleeing or attempting to elude police officer, failure to yield right of way while turning, and possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance; jailed. (5-8-29)
- Terrence D. Brown, 55, of 150 Starlight Circle, Americus; hit and run. (5-9-19)
- Michelle Cross, 36, homeless; affray. (5-11-19)
- Kentavius D. Flowers, 19, of 1032 Westside Drive, Americus; terroristic threats and acts. (5-14-19)
- Raheem T. Holmes, 31, of 205 Brookdale Drive, Americus; misdemeanor sexual battery; released on bond. (5-8-19)
- Sabrina D. Ingram, 23, of 248 W. Lester St., Americus; probation violation; released after fine paid. (5-8-19)
- Joshua N. Jackson, 22, of 586 Macedonia Church Road, Preston; probation violation. (5-9-19)
- Derik D. James, 22, of 121 Lexington Circle, Lot 22, Americus; misdemeanor theft by taking. (5-9-19)
- Helen Jernigan, 36, of 63-B Masonic St., Americus; misdemeanor theft by shoplifting. (5-8-19)
- David S. King, 30, of 507-B Bessie Mays Circle, Americus; aggravated assault. (5-12-19)
- Tyvin J. Little, 23, of 110 Town Creek Circle, Americus; failure to stop at stop sign. (5-10-19)
- William A. Miller, 20, of Cordele; misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (5-14-19)
- Kelvin H. Mullins, 41, of 309 Rees St., Americus; assault-battery. (5-11-19)
- David Ovando, 19, of 557 U. S. Highway 280 East, Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (5-8-19)
- David S. Rees, 23, of 150 Taylor St., Leslie; criminal trespass. (5-12-19)
- Derrick K. Slappey, 26, of 145 Stonewall Drive, Americus; two counts of seat belt violation, and two counts of misdemeanor possession of marijuana. (5-8-19)
- Zyibravian F. Streeter, 19, of 52-D Reddick Drive, Americus; battery; jailed. (5-8-19)
- James S. Webb, 26, of 309 Wildwood Circle, Americus; battery (Family Violence Act). (5-10-19)
- Shabrea A. Walton, 31, of 116-G Fairway Two Drive, Americus; felony driving while license is suspended or revoked. (5-13-19)
- Naketa L. Warren, 37, of 272 Ga. Highway 49 South, Lot F, Americus; driving while license is suspended or revoked; jailed. (5-13-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Dineal T. Anderson, 37, of Columbus; felony probation violation; jailed. (5-7-19)
- Denise B. Daniel, 47, of 441 Arch Helms Road, Americus; simple battery and possession of marijuana; jailed. (5-9-19)
- Tracy M. Hale, 40, of Albany; driving while license is suspended or revoked; released on bond. (5-7-19)
- Anthony B. Hollis, 31, of 3218 Ga. Highway 26 East, Ellaville; probation violation; jailed. (5-8-19)
- Alfred B. Lockhart, 44, of 446 Dixon Drive, Ellaville; felony probation violation; jailed. (5-8-19)
- Lakeisha N. Lundy, 39, of 789 Mask Road, Americus; felony failure to appear in court on finger printable charge; released on bond. (5-7-19)
- Torrance S. Morgan, 37, of 124 Pinecrest Drive, Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (5-8-19)
- Malik D. Slaton, 17, of Atlanta; criminal interference with government property; released to another jail. (5-8-19)
- Alderika Bowens, 22, of 105-D Country Club Drive, Americus; failure to obey stop sign. (5-6-19)
- April Cosby, 35, of Marshallville; speeding. (5-7-19)
- Brittany J. Fletcher, 29, of 720 Harris St., Apt. 19, Americus; speeding (46 mph in a 25-mph school zone). (5-13-19)
- Eva D. Harvey, 53, of 129 Stonewall Drive, Americus; driver use due care. (5-8-19)
- Brandy C. Smith, 43, of 1826 Hooks Mill Road, Leslie; speeding. (5-15-19)
- Khaitlin J. Williams, 19, of 222 Shirley Road, Americus; speeding. (5-15-19)
- Keith A. Wooldridge, 50, of 165 Fire Tower Road, Buena Vista; improper passing of emergency/towing/highway vehicle. (5-7-19)