Area beat: 8-3-19
Published 10:40 am Monday, August 5, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
(July 30-Aug. 2)
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Ridge Street. They learned that a one-year-old had activated it. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a possible structure fire on Plantation Ridge Drive. Evacuation was immediate when occupants smelled electrical wiring burning. Investigation failed to reveal the source. The advised occupants to have the HVAC checked out.
• Firefighters responded to 16 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to Patterson Street to a report or a tree limb in the roadway. They cut it up and moved it to the roadside.
Americus Police Department
• Ty’anna L. Bridges, 17, of 272 E. Rockhill Drive, Americus; criminal trespass. (7-15-19)
• Antonio Foster, 18, of 92-B Bozeman Circle, Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (7-16-19)
• Justin A. Gunter, 30, of Albany; theft by shoplifting, possession of drug-related objects, and possession of Schedule I Controlled Substance. (7-15-19)
• Marquis C. Hawkins, 34, of 811 Ridge St., Americus; simple battery, battery (Family Violence Act), third-degree cruelty to children – allow child to witness forcible felony/battery/family violence. (7-15-19)