Area beat: 10-5-19
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to seven calls for medical attention.
- Firefighters responded to Hawkins Street to a report of a possible structure fire. On arrival, they found Sumter County Fire & Rescue already on scene. An occupant said they had seen a haze of smoke in the back of the structure. They found a tripped circuit breaker but no hazards.
- Firefighters responded to Magnolia Manor, 2001 S. Lee St., to a report of a wildland fire. They found a small fire in a flower bed and extinguished it.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Firefighters responded to Clara Drive to a report of a possible structure fire. Occupants told them they had smelled smoke on the inside. No hazards were found but occupants said they had accidentally turned on the heather and after that the odor appeared.
Americus Police Department
- James L. Battle, 21, of 133 Foster St., DeSoto; contempt of court. (10-1-19)
- Tommie L. Bess, 55, of 1005 N. Jackson St., Americus; obstruction of law enforcement officer and misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (9-30-19)
- Jale’nique Chapman, 22, no address provided; failure to maintain lane and DUI. (10-3-19)
- Guadalupe Diaz-Lopez, 47, of 1102 Oglethorpe Ave., Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (10-1-19)
- Dejean D. Glover, 27, of 259 Rockdale Subdivision, Americus; holding for Doraville Police Department. (10-3-19)
- Masico K. Gordon, 26, of 118 E. Lasiter Drive, Americus; fine paid; holding for Dolly County Sheriff’s Office. (9-30-19)
- Tyrone Holmes, 53, of 215 Elliott St., Americus; misdemeanor theft by receiving property stolen in another state; jailed. (10-1-19)
- Nathon Johnson, 21, of 132 N. Village Drive, Americus; holding for Terrell County Sheriff’s Office. (10-2-19)
- Marvin K. Jones, 33, of 1209 N. Lee St., Americus; aggravated assault and terroristic threats and acts; jailed. (10-1-19)
- Alvin L. Josey, 59, of 950 Anthony Drive, Americus; battery; jailed. (10-1-19)
- Johnnie M. Lyles, 68, of 204 Tom Hall Circle, Americus; assault-battery. (9-30-19)
- Jatavious J. Sanford, 23, of 5-8 Bessie Mays Circle, Americus; disorderly conduct. (9-30-19)
- William G. Selman, 36, of 1967 Massee Lane, Marshallville; open container; jailed. (10-1-19)
- Shamel S. Sims, 20, of 131 Pecan Terrace, Americus; disorderly conduct. (9-30-19)
- Jessica A. West, 34, of 727 Gailey Plaza, Americus; aggravated stalking; released on time served; charges dismissed. (10-1-19)
- Shatina R. Wilborn, 24, of 124 Ga. Highway 27 East, Americus; noise violation. (10-2-19)
- Jarrel H. Woods, 34, of 220 Horton Drive, Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (10-1-19)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
- Nicholas Garcia, 39, of 1021 Harrold Ave., Americus; DUI; jailed. (9-30-19)
- Herman Thornton, 61, of 132 Wells St., Apt. B-1, Smithville; driving while license is suspended or revoked; released on bond. (9-30-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- John W. Brunson, 34, homeless; felony probation violation; jailed. (9-30-19)
- Adrian Q. Fish, 22, of Griffin; felony failure to appear in court for a finger printable charge; jailed. (10-1-19)
- Justin W. Gaultney, 32, of Cordele; misdemeanor failure to appear in court for a finger printable charge, probation violation, and DUI; jailed. (10-2-19)
- Calminta V. McGriff, 45, of Cairo; holding for U.S. Marshal Service. (10-1-19)
- Russell S. Mims, 52, of 105 Fifth St., Cobb; two bench warrants, obstruction of law enforcement officers and criminal trespass; jailed. (10-2-19)
- Travis B. Butts, 27, of Cordele; child restraint violation. (10-2-19)
- Deborah Carden, 58, of 205 Perry Court, Buena Vista; speeding. (9-30-19)