Sumter school board sets agenda for Thursday
By BETH ALSTON
AMERICUS — In its monthly work session, held Monday, the Sumter County Board of Education set its agenda for the regular monthly meeting scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday.
Among the items the board will vote on Thursday are the following.
• Adopt a change in sequencing biology and physical science classes. The change involves students taking physical science in 8th and 9th grades, and biology in 10th grade.
• Approved the financial report with 58.33 percent of the school year complete, 56.76 percent of revenues received, and having used 47.45 percent of expenditures. General fund equity is at $2,900,206.50. Total revenues are at $20,620,485.36 and total expenditures at $17,718,413.55 with a fund equity of $5,802,278.31.
• Accept E-Rate funds in the amount of $620,235.49. The system will be responsible for paying its local share of $93,035,32 but the state Connections for Classrooms will reimburse the school system for the amount.
• Authorize payment to A3 Communications of Norcross for upgrades to the system’s Internet capacity.
• Consider approving reimbursement of the board chair’s workshop expenses.
• Consider approval a letter of agreement between Darton State College and Sumter County Schools for classroom observations.
• Consider approval of a memorandum of understanding between the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia on behalf of the Georgia Cooperative Extension and the Sumter County Board of Education.
• Approve personnel matters.