Fire safety house

Published 2:31 pm Thursday, November 29, 2018

First-grade students at Sumter County Primary School visited the Fire Safety House provided by the Americus Fire and Emergency Services Department. They learned about fire safety in their homes including safety in the kitchen, the importance of having working smoke alarms, how to escape if there is a fire in the home, the need for a meeting place when evacuating, and other helpful tips. Shown are first-grade students, Americus Fire and Emergency staff, Principal April Smith, and Assistant Principal Mohan Gugulothu.