Area beat 2-28-19
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 21 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to Ridge Street to a report of a powerline down. They found a cable line down. Police stayed at the scene until Mediacom could arrive.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident at East Lamar Street and Ga. Highway 27 East.
• Firefighters responded to Cherokee Street to a report of a gas odor in the residence. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to a smoke detector alarm on Glenwood Road. It was activated by overcooked food.
• Firefighters were dispatched to a Felder Street residence but couldn’t get anyone to answer the door. They were advised no assistance was needed.
• Firefighters responded an alarm on Sunset Park Drive as automatic aid with Sumter County Fire & Rescue. While en route they were advised their assistance was not needed.
• Firefighters responded to Bozeman Circle to a report of a possible structure fire. The fire was confined to the cooking vessel. Sumter County was already on scene and extinguished it.
• Firefighters responded to Ridge Street to a report of unknown trouble. Upon arrival, they found it to be a police matter and turned the scene over to officers.
Americus Police Department
• Daniel A. Allen, 38, of 102-A W. Patterson St., Americus; misdemeanor failure to appear in court on a finger printable charge; jailed. (2-19-19).
• Brian K. Barner, 31, of 120 Grover Drive, Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (2-17-19)
• James D. Brown, 50, of 1316 First Montgomery St., Americus; entering auto or other motor vehicle with intent to commit theft or felony; jailed. (2-17-19)
• Walter N. Carter, 29, of 1130 Ridge St., Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana, misdemeanor obstruction of law enforcement officer, felony tampering with evidence, and criminal use or an article with altered ID mark (other than motor vehicle); jailed. (2-16-19)
• Shonrell J. Chambliss, 20, of 407 Ashby St., Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (2-18-19)
• Shinice L. Holtz, 24, of 123-A Bozeman Circle, Americus; misdemeanor theft by shoplifting. (2-15-19)
• Emanuel King, 41, of 101 Lilly Lane, Americus; misdemeanor theft by shoplifting and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. (2-15-19)
• Kwamel R. Kirkland, 29, of Griffin; misdemeanor stalking; released on bond. (2-15-19)
• Rondarious R. Miles, 19, of 410 Pinecrest Drive, Americus; entering auto and obstruction of enforcement officers; jailed. (2-22-19)
• James H. Moore, 61, of 112 Lexington Circle, Lot 30, Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of a drug-related object, and probation violation; jailed. (2-16-19_
• Agustin Morales-Miguel, 27, of 918 E. Furlow St., Americus; misdemeanor driving without valid license. (2-16-19)
• Jacori D. Peters, 20, of 408 Pine St., Americus; aggravated assault; jailed. (2-18-19)
• Destiny A. Reynolds, 21, of 1001 Magnolia St., Americus; reckless conduct and disorderly conduct. (2-15-19)