Area beat: April 6, 2019
Published 1:40 pm Sunday, April 7, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
(March 29-April 4)
• Firefighters responded to nine calls for medical attention.
• Firefighters responded to traffic accident at East Jefferson and Hudson streets.
• Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire on Academy Street. The occupants had extinguished the fire prior to their arrival. Fire personnel checked for extension and ventilated the structure. Power was shut off to stove and kitchen circuit.
• Firefighters responded to Sun Valley Drive to a structure fire caused by a stove left on.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on West Forsyth Street.
• Firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on Woodland Drive. No hazards were found. Occupant was advised to change the detector’s batteries.
Americus Police Department
• Charlie Battle, 43, of 512 Hartman St., Americus; DUI. (3-30-19)
• Travis L. Evans, 28, of 609-A Eastview Circle, Americus; warrant executed. (3-30-19)
• Jessica C. Ferguson, 33, of 130 Santa Rosa Drive, Americus; warrant executed and child restraint violation. (3-29-19)
• Laqwela S. Smith, 32, of 703 Sunset Drive, Americus; probation violation; jailed. (4-1-19)
• Marc A. Waters, 39, of 220 Sun Valley Drive, Americus; disorderly conduct. (3-31-19)
• Thomas C. Welch, 23, of Douglas Drive, Americus; felony purchase/possession/manufacture/distribution or sale of marijuana. (3-30-19)
Sumter County Fire & Rescue
• Firefighters responded to three calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to Ga. Highway 45 South and Carter Fish Pond Road to a report of a woods fire. It was a controlled burn.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Oscar L. Sutton, 52, of Athens; probation violation; jailed. (3-31-19)
• Carolyn V. Tibbs, 63, of Rochester, N.Y.; misdemeanor failure to appear in court for a finger printable charge; jailed. (3-29-19)
• Cassius K. Arnett, 31, of 119 Town Creek Circle, Americus; child restraint violation. (3-30-19)
• Amanda Conrad, 34, of Cordele; speeding. (4-2-19)
• Kayla N. Farrar, 29, of Marietta; window tint violation. (3-30-19)
• Johnnie Harris, 54, of 615 Spaulding Road, Americus; speeding. (4-1-19)
• Deoniece T. Hooks, no age provided, of Leesburg; window tint violation. (3-30-19)
• Darren Jaskulski, 21, of 3681 Goolsby Road, Ellaville; speeding. (4-1-19)
• Christopher Johnson, 46, of College Park; speeding. (3-30-19)
• Erica D. Lanier, 31, of 101-F Magnolia Court, Americus; speeding and warrant service. (3-29-19)
• Dorothy A. Mackey, 48, of 763 Wise Road, Plains; probation violation; jailed. (4-1-19)
• Crystal M. McClaster, 35, of 900 Southwestern Estates, Apt. 205, Americus; impeding traffic flow in a passing lane. (4-3-19)
• Destiny D. Solomon, 17, of 1038 Ga. Highway 49 South, Americus; failure to obey signs or control devices. (3-28-19)
• Sarah Strickland, 30, of 371 Callaway Drive, Ellaville; speeding. (4-1-19)
• Charles H. Westra, 20, of 105 Morningside Drive, Americus; expired or no registration or title. (3-29-19)