Area beat: May 11, 2019
Published 2:22 pm Saturday, May 11, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 15 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to a hit and run on Tripp Street.
- Firefighters responded to a gas spill in front of Gyro City Mediterranean Grill Restaurant, 116 W. Lamar St. The business owner advised that a customer’s truck was leaking some of type of fuel onto the pavement. Fire personnel discovered a small spill of fuel and use oil dry to soak it up.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on McMath Mill Road as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue. It was an unintentional alarm.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on U.S. Highway 19 North (North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard).
Americus Police Department
- Shenera Gaines, 23 of Americus; misdemeanor theft by shoplifting, (4-30-19)
- Kelvin B. Styles, 41, of 131 U.S. Highway 280, Americus; contempt of court. (4-30-19)
- Jeffery T. Waters, 38, of 426 New St., Americus; aggravated assault; jailed. (4-30-19)
- Dewanze M. Williams, 30, of 1848-M S. Lee St., Americus; assault-battery. (5-1-19)
- Marquisha L. Williams, 28, of 1848-M S. Lee St., Americus; assault-battery. (5-1-19)
- James M. Wishard, 60, of 266 Mills Road, Smithville; misdemeanor theft by shoplifting, (4-30-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Nicholas L. Cochran, 42, of 127 Bailey Ave., Cobb; parole violation; jailed. (5-2-19)
- Christopher J. Coogle, 23, of 50 Pinefield Drive, Ellaville; felony probation violation; jailed. (4-30-19)
- Gary A. Daniels, 29, of 202 Elliott St., Americus; probation violation; jailed. (5-2-19)
- Tomorris L. Johnson, 42, of 508 Lindsey Lane, Americus; probation violation; jailed. (5-1-19)
- Mickey P. Lamb, 46, of Newton; probation violation; jailed. (5-1-19)
- Reginal K. Mathis, 53, of 153 Hosanna Circle, Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (5-2-19)
- Irvin D. Owens, 37, of 266 Tulip Drive, Lot K, Americus; DUI, failure to have license on person, misdemeanor battery (Family Violence Act), and cruelty to children in the third degree or subsequent offense; jailed. (5-2-19)
- Dontavious M. Shelton, 24, of 305 Harvey Lane, Americus; two counts of aggravated assault, armed robbery, possession of firearm or knife during commission of or attempt to commit certain felonies, receipt/possession or transfer of firearm by convicted felony or felony first offender, and probation violation; jailed. (4-30-19)
- Edward H. Smith, 52, of 770 Shady Lane, Oglethorpe; misdemeanor failure to appear in court for a finger printable charge; jailed. (5-1-19)
- Meredith S. Hanson, 43, of 1416-B N. St., Americus; seat belt violation. (4-30-19)
- Darwin Hernandez, 29, of 5652 Ga. Highway 26 West, Apt. 80-E, Ellaville; driving while unlicensed. (5-5-19)
- Justin Johnson, 19, of Fort Lauderdale, Ala.; passing in a no-passing zone. (5-3-19)
- Robert F. Logan, 19, of 1327 Ga. Highway 45 North, Plains; speeding. (5-5-19)
- Charlise M. Streeter, 22, of 2018 Armory Drive, Americus; failure to dim lights. (5-3-19)