Area beat: July 24, 2019
Published 3:14 pm Thursday, July 25, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Service
• Firefighters responded to eight calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters installed a new smoke alarm on Brookdale Drive.
• Firefighters responded to a smoke alarm activation, as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue, on Meadow Drive. It was activated by food burned on the stove. There were no hazards.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Raymond Road. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to a report of wires down on Montgomery Street. They found phone/cable lines hanging low but not disconnected and advised occupant to contact their cable provider.
• Firefighters responded to West Church Street to a report of a structure fire. They found heavy smoke coming from front doorway, and upon entering, found heavy smoke throughout. They found a pot left on the stove completely burned, except for bottom, charring cabinets above, but had self-extinguished. They ventilated the structure.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Sumter County Fire & Rescue arrived first. Light smoke was visible from the second-floor apartment. Smoke was coming from the oven where a fire had been extinguished. They ventilated the apartment.
• Firefighters responded to Zaxby’s, 1204 Crawford St., to a fire alarm where they found no hazards.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Ginger Drive as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue. They were released by SCFR.
• Firefighters responded to a pole fire on Ginger Drive. It was a false call.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm at Magnolia Manor Retirement Center, 2001 Nursing Center Drive. One of the pull stations had been activated by a resident; there were no hazards.
Americus Police Department
• Timothy T. Angrish, 36, of 101 Lily Lane, Americus; simple battery, felony first-degree burglary, and third-degree cruelty to children/allow to witness felony/battery/family violence; jailed. (7-13-19)
• Mayra A. Gonzalez, 34, of 412 Peggyanne Drive, Americus; theft by shoplifting and misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked; jailed. (7-10-19)
• Konterrious D. Leverett, 21, of 76 Barbara Battle Way, Americus; armed robbery and aggravated assault; jailed. (7-10-19)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
• Antonio L. Golphin, 24, of Americus; driving while license is suspended or revoked, and disorderly conduct; jailed. (7-13-19)
• Joshua D. Hill, 29, of Leesburg; probation violation; jailed/ (7-12-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• Jale’Nique T. Chapman, 22, of 1109-A Oglethorpe Ave., Americus; probation violation; jailed. (7-10-19)
• Ashley N. Green, 20, of 900 Southwestern Estates, Apt. 40-C, Americus; simple battery (Family Violence Act); jailed. (7-10-19)
• Jaliz T. Johnson, 24, of 200 St. Charles Place, Apt. 6-A, Americus; release to Dooly County Sheriff’s Office. (7-12-19)
• Adrian C. Merritt, 37, of 908 Hancock Drive, Americus; felony probation violation; charge dismissed. (7-10-19)
• Correy M. Oliver, 31, of 708 Sunset Drive, Americus; sentenced to serve 30 days. (7-10-19)
• Nairobi K. Riley, 42, of East Point; felony probation violation; jailed. (7-10-19)
• Nicole M. Wensil, 31, of Leesburg; holding for U.S. Marshal Service. (7-10-19)