Area beat: August. 10, 2019
Published 2:07 pm Sunday, August 11, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to eight calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Tom Hall Circle. Sumter County Fire & Rescue was already on site. There was an issue with the alarm. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm at Magnolia Manor, 2001 S. Lee St. They were advised by maintenance to disregard the alarm.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on East Jefferson St. No hazards were found. They responded again to an unintentional alarm.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Rucker Street.
• Firefighters responded to North Hunter Drive as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue. It was caused by a malfunctioning smoke detector.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a wildland fire on North Lee Street. They found a smoldering rubbish pile on the right of way, which they extinguished.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
• William B. Vann, 27, of 2014 Rose Ave., Americus; speeding. (7-25-19)
• James D. Warren, 28, of 669 Burma Road, Andersonville; window tint violation. (8-3-19)
• Jonathan A. Waters, 32, of 158 Lake Ridge Drive, Americus; speeding. (7-19-19)
• Johnnie Wilborn, 65, of 216 E. Furlow St., Americus; knowingly driving motor vehicle on suspended, cancelled, or revoked registration. (7-25-19)
• David Williams, 23, of Lithonia; speeding. (7-20-19)
• Adrian D. Woods, 24, of 154-B County Road 361, Plains; speeding. (7-23-19)
Webster County Sheriff’s Office
• Kimnesha T. Williams, 33, of Columbus; felony probation violation; jailed. (7-19-19)