Area beat: Aug. 24, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 12 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to a report of a tree on a power line on Sun Valley Drive. While enroute, they learned the power line was on fire. Georgia Power was notified and cut the power and cut the limb off the line.
- Firefighters responded to a report of a tree down on Russell Street. They removed the tree from the roadway.
- Firefighters responded to a report of a tree down on O’Hara Road. They found a tree blocking one half of the road and removed it from the roadway.
- Firefighters responded to Virginia Avenue to a report of a possible structure fire. They found a small grass fire behind the house near the HVAC unit. Owner was advised to have a technician check out the unit being that a small amount of insulation had burned. Fire personnel disconnected the power to the unit and turned off the gas. Sumter County Fire & Rescue also responded.
- Firefighters responded to North Jackson Street to a report of a possible structure fire. Inside they found an old smoke detector on the floor buzzing. They disabled it and installed a new smoke alarm was installed.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at Zaxby’s, 1204 Crawford St. The occupant told them there was a problem with the back door activating the alarm.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at Walgreen’s, 733 E. Forsyth St. It had been activated by a smoke detector in the A/C unit.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Montgomery Street, as did Sumter County Fire & Rescue. The alarm was activated by cooking. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to East Church Street to a report of a power line down. Georgia Power was advised and traffic cones were placed to divert traffic.
Americus Police Department
- Chantel D. Caldwell, 33, of 205 Palm Court, Americus; criminal trespass. (8-11-19)
- Tavares R. Caldwell, 37, of 110 Hosanna Circle, Americus; criminal trespass. (8-11-19)
- Antonio Foster, 18, of 407 Rogers St., Americus; aggravated assault and criminal intent to commit a felony; 8-9-19)
- Apolinario V. Gomez, 43, of 113-B Sun Valley Drive, Americus; DUI, misdemeanor driving without valid license, and failure to maintain lane. (8-11-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Crystal L. Flanders, 26, of 201 E. Hill St., Americus; driving while license is suspended or revoked, and probation violation; jailed. (8-16-19)
- Bridget A. Stuckey, 37, of 415 Confederate St., Andersonville; disorderly conduct, misdemeanor public indecency, and criminal trespass; released on bond. (8-12-19)
- Nigel N. Allen, 25, of 102 Falcon Drive, Americus; speeding. (8-21-19)
- Leonardo D. Bateman, 35, of 116 Town Creek Circle, Americus; speeding. (8-21-19)
- Leon E. Feagin, 73, of 333 Flintside Drive, Cobb; improper passing in a no-passing zone. (8-21-19)
- Justin J. Gaines, 27, of 103 Oakridge Drive, Americus; window tint violation and failure to obey stop sign. (8-15-19)
- Javoris S. Harper, 28, of 205-H Murphy Mill Road, Americus; window/windshield/wiper violation and headlight violation. (8-21-19)
- Spencer S. Metheny, 22, of Parrott; violation of hands-free device law. (8-15-19)
- Jairo V. Vicente, 39, of Macon; driving while unlicensed and speeding. (8-14-19)
Webster County Sheriff’s Office
- Kimberly R. Bridges, 39, of 4664 Ga Highway 41 North, Preston; holding for Webster County. (8-8-19)
- Melvin K. Crook, 30, of Richland; holding for Webster County. (8-2-19)
- Dangelo M. Porter, 31, of 1100 Church Hill Road, Preston; misdemeanor possession of marijuana and DUI; jailed. (8-3-19)