Updated Magnolia Manor visitation protocol
Published 9:24 am Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Magnolia Manor is committed to the health and welfare of our residents and employees. Therefore, to minimize the risk of residents contracting coronavirus, we are immediately applying the latest guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to ALL programs on all nine campuses. The highlights of the guidance are:
- ALL visitation with residents will be deferred until further notice. Effective immediately we are restricting ALL visitors, volunteers and non-essential health care personnel. The exception will be for certain compassionate situations such as end-of-life, which will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- ALL group activities and communal dining are cancelled until further notice.
- Residents and healthcare personnel will be actively screened and monitored for respiratory symptoms, including checking for a fever and identifying other conditions common to coronavirus.
- We will screen and monitor residents when anyone having contact reports respiratory symptoms within 14 days of interacting with them.
- All essential healthcare visitors will be screened. They may be required to use extensive personal protective equipment and given only limited access to the facility.
- We will identify staff who work at multiple facilities and actively screen and restrict them as necessary.
- Sick leave policies that are non-punitive and flexible will be enforced for employees.
Magnolia Manor is a faith-based organization firmly committed to Christian values. We regret that we must implement such restrictive rules, but they are essential in order to protect our residents. We ask for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented situation. Please pray for each person served by our organization that they will remain safe and healthy until this crisis has passed. And please pray for us as we work diligently on behalf of your loved ones.