Mayoral candidate Javarise Terry issues 100-day plan
Published 10:41 am Monday, October 25, 2021
If elected Mayoral Candidate Javarise J. Terry issues his 100-Day plan to the citizens of Americus. In his first 100 days as Mayor, Javarise Terry has created a plan to propose to Americus City Council that would swiftly implement a progressive agenda to address issues in our city. This agenda would strategically implement issues in the area(s) of Crime, Affordable Housing, Economic Development / Workforce Development. In addition to building a new ethnics and transparency policies in our local government.
0-30 Days ( Internal and External Engagement):
- Conduct District Town Hall Meetings.
- Facilitate listening engagement for Internal Stakeholders
- City Departments
- Work alongside city council and leadership team to conduct a city transitional audit.
31-60 Days ( Community, Organization, Retention, and Economy) CORE Plan:
- Establish a citizen advisory board to promote and advance culture, inclusiveness, and diversity within the city.
- Create initiatives to bring together churches, community leaders, businesses, and governmental agencies to revitalize neighborhoods through clean-up efforts.
- Host a breakfast roundtable discussion to promote efforts towards building community wellness and to help combat covid-19.
- Create plans to address Infrastructure needs including roads and bridges and public walkways.
- Create and address educational programs and recreational activities for the youth.
- Promote and partner with nonprofit organizations to support and help families find better access to affordable housing.
- Ensure budgetary processes are transparent, timely and reflective of shared strategic plan between stakeholders and city council.
- Building two-way communication outlets through social media, surveys, and other media to facilitate internal and external feedback.
Retention / Recruitment:
- Focus on retaining existing employees and promote recruitment initiatives to attract newer talents.
- Building collaborative partnership between city council and county commissioners, public schools, and post-secondary systems to improve and dynamic workforce.
- Promote and expand city engagement efforts with local payroll development authority (PDA) and chamber of commerce.
- Create a small business advisory council to promote small business growth and expansion.
- Building and investing in newer programs and initiatives to support local small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Support agricultural needs to meet supply and demand and build opportunities for expansion.
61-100 Days (Accountability)
- Create and develop a strategic framework plan based on stakeholder data from townhall and stakeholder meetings.
- Promote healthy conversation between law enforcement and citizens concerning community policing.
Early Voting continues until October 29th, 2021, from 8:00am-5:00p.m. Election Day is November 2nd, 2021.