Area Beat: Sept. 26, 2015
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 30 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on West Lamar Street which was accidentally set while work was underway on the A/C unit.
• Firefighters responded to an incident at South Lee and Taylor streets where a tree limb had fallen on a vehicle, resulting in injury.
Americus Parole Office
• Charles N. Robbins, 48, of 255 Bailey Lane, Ellaville is charged with parole violation, and was jailed.
Americus Police Department
• Dennis L. Bess, 52, homeless is charged with theft by taking, and was jailed.
• Devon J. Burns of Mauk is charged with failure to yield at intersection of roadways.
• Derrick J. Davis, 34, of 840 Railroad St., Americus is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Kamesha S. Davis, 25, of 503 E. Jefferson St., Americus is charged with battery and simple battery, and was jailed.
• Claude Deriso III, 22, of 1313 Douglas Circle, Americus is charged with criminal trespass and misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and was jailed.
• Brandon M. Douglas, 23, of 2008 Armory Drive, Americus is charged with terroristic threats and acts, and was jailed.
Georgia Southwestern State University Police
• Zachary A. Cassidy, 19, no address provided, is charged with reckless conduct, giving false statements or writings/conceal facts or fraudulent documents in matters of government, and sale/distribution or possession of dangerous drugs, and was released on bond.
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
• Stacy J. Bowen, 46, of 2356 Ga. Highway 153, Ellaville is charged with DUI and speeding, and was released on bond.
• Dontavin M. Christmas, 25, of 78-B Barbara Battle Way, Americus is charged with DUI, and was released on bond.