Area beat: Dec. 2, 2015
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 26 call for medical attention.
• Firefighters responded to Melody Lane to the report of a structure fire. They found a grass fire near a shed. A tree limb had been cut and it knocked down a high voltage line which arced to the ground and caused the fire. While on that call, they noticed smoke coming from the roof of another house. The house’s electrical panel had been burned by the large surge of electricity. Georgia Power was notified.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Forsyth Street.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a possible structure fire on Peachtree Street. The found no fire or smoke but the occupant said she smelled smoke. They investigated and found a possible electrical malfunction due to the power line down up the street.
• Firefighters came across a small brush fire on Peachtree Street, which they extinguished.
• Firefighters responded to a possible wild land fire on Southerfield Road where they found a controlled burn.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Peachtree Street.
• Firefighters responded to a stove fire on Frieda Lane. The fire had been put out on arrival. They ventilated the structure.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a gas odor on Pecan Drive. Upon arrival, their meter alarmed and they evacuated the structure. The gas was shut off and they found a leak around the gas logs. They ventilated the structure.
• Firefighters responded to a report of an odor of smoke on Laurel Circle. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to the report of a possible structure fire on Price Street where they found the A/C unit was malfunctioning.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Tom Hall Circle caused by food left on the stove.
Americus Police Department
• Robert W. Albritton, 19, of 3505 Green Road, Ellaville is charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Hannah E. Barfield, 17, of 264 Memorial Mile, Americus is charged with is charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Johnny C. Barker Jr. of 206 E. Rockhill Drive, Plains is charged with DUI (second offense), driving while license is suspended or revoked and expired tag/registration.
• Tonisha S. Barron, 28, of 505-A Bessie Mays Circle, Americus is charged with affray, and was jailed.
• Shonrell J. Chambliss, 17, of 201 Tom Hall Circle, Americus is charged with felony first-degree burglary, and was jailed.
• Narada K. Dodson, 33, of 135 Starlight Circle, Americus was arrested on an outstanding warrant, and is charged with reckless driving, driving while license is suspended or revoked, speeding, DUI and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
• Justin W. Griffith, 27, of Eldorado, Ark., is charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting.
• Brianna M. Holt, 20, of 707-A Harris St., Americus is charged with theft taking and financial transaction card fraud, and was jailed.
• A juvenile was charged with entering auto with intent to commit theft or felony, loitering and prowling, curfew violation and unruliness at Lexington Place Apartments, 1130 Felder St.