Area beat: Jan. 13, 2016
Published 11:00 am Friday, January 15, 2016
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 21 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Lamar Street.
• Firefighters responded to South Lee Street to a report of a possible structure fire. They found steam coming from the chimney area but no fire.
Americus Parole Office
• Willie L. Jackson, 58, of Richland is charged with parole violation, and was jailed.
Americus Police Department
• Samuel L. Brown, 61, of Cordele is charged with speeding and driving while license is suspended or revoked.
• Raphaela M. Garcia, 40, of 456 Reese St., Americus is charged with disorderly conduct, and was jailed.
• Paula R. Johnson, 39, of 198 Bozeman Circle, Americus is charged with assault-battery.
• Lorenza B. Journey, 19, of 513 Winn St., Americus is charged with assault-battery.
• Stacy L. Journey, 23, of 513 Winn St., Americus is charged with assault-battery.
• Dexter L. Leverette, 26, of 709-A Mary St., Americus was arrested on an outstanding warrant and is charged with obstruction of law enforcement officer, and was jailed.
• Lakeisha L. Price, 28, of 1304 N. Lee St., Americus is charged with obstruction of law enforcement officer, and was jailed.
• Daneshia T. Thomas, 25, of 101 Palm Court, Americus is charge
Georgia Southwestern State University Campus Police
• Desmond C. Hamilton, 21, of misdemeanor carrying weapon in school safety zone, school function or school property as license holder, and was jailed.
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
• Delatavious L. Greene, 20, of 65 Walker St., Preston is charged with driving while unlicensed and obstruction of law enforcement officer, and was jailed.
• Erica R. Thomas, 26, of 119 Daisy Drive, Americus is charged with DUI, two counts of child restraint violations, endangering a child by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and was jailed.
Plains Police Department
• Mike C. Jenkins, 37, of 108 Daisy Drive, Americus is charged with knowingly driving motor vehicle on suspended/canceled or revoked registration and failure to maintain insurance, and was released on bond.