Area beat: Nov. 16, 2016
Published 1:15 pm Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to nine calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Wheatley Street, activated by a malfunction.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Forsyth Street.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident at South Lee and Glessner streets.
• Firefighters responded to Millard Fuller Boulevard to a report of a stove fire, caused by a pan left on the stove.
• Firefighters responded to Elm Avenue to a report of a structure fire. They found a pot left on the stove.
Americus Police Department
• Jennifer R. Cromer of 268 Tulip Drive, Americus is charged with following too closely.
• Latonya Q. Harris of 142 Africana Drive, Plains is charged with failure to yield when entering roadway.
• Pamela H. Holland of Albany is charged with improper turn right or left.
• Kelly R. Hutchins,40, of 334 Academy St., Americus is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Raymond M. McCray III, 19, of 212 Poplar St., Americus is charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and obstruction of law enforcement officer and two outstanding warrants for sale of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute within 1,000 ft. of public park.
• Antonio B. Reddick, 38, of Warner Robins is charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting and obstruction of law enforcement officer, and was jailed.