Area beat: Dec. 7, 2016
Published 6:00 pm Saturday, December 10, 2016
• Elaine Shelton, 38, of 111 Starlight Circle, Americus is charged with felony tampering with evidence, and was jailed.
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 19 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to Maple Drive where the resident said he had smelled gas leaking from a propane tank. Upon arrival, they found the odor and told the resident to contact the gas company.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident at GSW State University Drive and East Glessner Street. A vehicle had struck a light pole and a historical marker before rolling over into its side.
• Firefighters responded to Alice Street to a report of an odor in the laundry room. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to Bessie Mays Circle to a report of wires down. They found that a tree had fallen on the power line, breaking the pole in half.
• Firefighters responded to Andrews Drive to a report of a possible structure fire. When they arrived the owner had extinguished the cooking fire.
• Firefighters went to a business on Industrial Boulevard to check employees’ blood pressure.
• Firefighters responded to Premium Gold Buyers, 413 Tripp St. to a report of smoke coming from a building. They found a flower bed burning with a three-feet high flame. They extinguished the fire.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Mayo Street. When they arrived they found several residents of the apartment complex outside, saying the smoke and smell were coming from the second floor. It was determined to be a cooking fire.
Americus Police Department
• Isaiah C. Bell, 28, of 408 Rogers St., Americus is charged with battery, and was jailed.
• Nikia S. Brown, 23, of 929 Ridge St., Americus is charged with second-degree criminal damage to property, criminal trespass, simple battery, battery, and third-degree cruelty to children, and was jailed.
• Jermaine Bryant, 38, of Albany is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Devonte Floyd, 21, of Warner Robins is charged with disorderly conduct.
• Quontavius M. Hill, 25, of 1331 Second Montgomery St., Americus is charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, and was jailed.
• Hannah M. Johnson, 18, of Marietta is charged with felony first-degree burglary, and was released on bond.
• A juvenile was charged with unruliness at Skyland Motel, 1512 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• A juvenile was charged with unruliness on Linnie Street.
• A juvenile was charged with simple assault and entering auto on Quincey Drive.
• Johntavian A. Lawson, 21, of 122 Lakeridge Drive Extension, Americus is charged with probation violation, and was jailed.
• Jairius J. Lowe, 25, of 306 Hosanna Circle, Americus is charged with aggravated assault, rape, aggravated assault, felony first-degree burglary, possession of a knife during commission of a crime, and probation violation, and was jailed.
• Qutavious Merritt, 17, of 121 Andrews Drive, Americus is charged with disorderly conduct.
• James B. Perry, 45, homeless, is charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and obstruction of officer, and was jailed.
• Quincy K. Rouland, 19, of 710 Barlow St., Americus is charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting, and was jailed.
• Latonya N. Walton, 30, of 205 Barbara Battle Way, Americus is charged with driving with suspended registration and no insurance.