Area beat: May 13, 2017
Published 6:15 pm Saturday, May 13, 2017
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 36 calls for medical attention.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on U.S. Highway 19 South.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm at Magnolia Manor, 2001 Nursing Center Drive. There were no hazards; it was found that the pull station in the kitchen needs to be replaced/repaired.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on South Lee Street. There were no hazards. It was found that spray painting activated the alarm.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Forsyth Street.
• Firefighters responded to the report of a tree limb across the road on Elm Avenue. After notifying Georgia Power, they removed the limb from the power lines.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident at Crawford and Jefferson streets.
• Firefighters responded to a report of an outside fire on Pine Avenue where they found vegetation still smoking. The occupant had already extinguished the fire which he started to get rid of a wasp nest.
• Firefighters responded to Columbia Avenue to a report of a structure fire. They found light smoke coming from the eaves and ridge vents of the house. The occupants had extinguished the fire upon their arrival.
• Firefighters responded to Hawkins Street to a report of a structure fire. The fire, which started in the kitchen, was extinguished by Americus Police Department personnel.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on South Hampton Street which had been activated by cooking.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm at Magnolia Manor which was canceled in route. The report states that “a disgruntled resident had pulled the alarm.” There were no hazards.
• Firefighters responded to West Hill Street and Harold Avenue where they found a small leak in a fire hydrant.
Americus Police Department
Arrests (April 19-20)
• Brittiney N. Mable, 27, of 403-B Bessie Mays Circle, Americus, child restraint and driving while unlicensed.
• Janos L. Wallace, 30, of 505-A Bessie Mays Circle, Americus, expired tag/registration, driving while unlicensed, released on summons to appear in court.
• Whitley L. Walton, 25, of 703-A Harris St., Americus, disorderly conduct.
Citation (April 19-20)
• Kori S. Gorton of 125 McMath Mill Road, Americus, following too closely.
Arrests (April 22-23)
• De’marion D. Angry, 25, of 522 E. Furlow St., Americus, inoculation/registration/tagging of animals. Restraint of dogs and prohibition against nuisances, released on summons to appear in court.
• Dorian Gonzalez- Marcello, 31, of 426 S. Lee St., B-5, Americus, too fast for conditions, DUI.
• Juvenile, Town Creek Circle, unruliness.
• Juvenile, Hosanna Circle, disorderly conduct.