Harveys, others commit all profits on July 4 to Hope For The Warriors
Published 9:44 am Monday, July 3, 2017
- Every cent of every dollar of profit raised this Independence Day at BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie will help support Hope For The Warriors
- Customers donate simply by shopping on the Fourth of July at all BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, and additional personal donations can be made at checkout at all stores
- 80 percent of surveyed associates at Southeastern Grocers have served or have a family member that has served in the military
- Southeastern Grocers is a dedicated partner of Hope For The Warriors committed to actively supporting spouse/caregiver scholarships, participating in networking and seminar events to build opportunities for transitioning veterans in the workplace
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie, announced that for the third consecutive year, all profits generated at its grocery stores on Tuesday, July 4, will be donated in support of veterans, service members and their families.
Southeastern Grocers has partnered once again with Hope For The Warriors. With more than 10 years of service, Hope For The Warriors is a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, family and hope for veterans, service members and military families.
Anthony Hucker, president and CEO (interim) of Southeastern Grocers, said, “As we celebrate our independence this Fourth of July, we will continue to honor and give thanks to our military and their families for the sacrifices they make for our nation and the world. Last year, more than $2 million dollars was donated to Hope For The Warriors during the Fourth of July campaign. This is why we will once again donate all of our profits to Hope For The Warriors, but we are not stopping there. Southeastern Grocers is a dedicated partner of Hope For The Warriors committed to actively supporting spouse and caregiver scholarships, participating in networking and seminar events to build opportunities for transitioning veterans in the workplace.
“As an organization, military affiliation is integrated into the foundation of Southeastern Grocers, as 80 percent of surveyed associates have served or have a family member that has served our country, and we want to provide hands-on support for those who have served and made sacrifices for our nation with Hope For The Warriors,” continued Hucker.
Simply by shopping at BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie on Independence Day, customers will help support those who serve and sacrifice for our nation. The more customers shop, the more they donate.
Other ways in which customers can support the cause include:
- By honoring a veteran or service member with a personal note displayed in-store on the Wall of Honor, which begins today June 28.
- By donating generously during checkout now through Tuesday, July 4.
- By proudly wearing the “I Donated” sticker that cashiers will hand out on July 4 to all customers to encourage friends and family to do the same.
- By liking, following and sharing BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie Facebook posts and Twitter feeds with #AllForHonor.
- By honoring a veteran or service member by posting a dedication on the All for Honor Facebook page, www.facebook.com/allforhonor.
Robin Kelleher, co-founder, president and CEO of Hope For The Warriors said, “Hope For The Warriors is extremely grateful to Southeastern Grocers, associates, vendors, and customers for the continued support and partnership in our programs and mission. The #AllForHonor campaign will help us reach thousands of patriotic Americans who truly understand the sacrifices of our veterans, service members and military families. The result of last year¹s campaign represented in the single largest donation to Hope For The Warriors since it was founded in 2006. That support allowed us to make a difference in the lives of over 2,250 American heroes and their families.”
Through the generous donations of customers and vendors, as well as all profits earned at BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores over the past two years Southeastern Grocers has donated more than $5.8 million in support of military veterans and their families.
This year, Southeastern Grocers is proud to partner once again with Hope For The Warriors to generate funds, which will help the organization provide comprehensive support programs to those actively serving in the military, veterans, military families and caregivers throughout the country.