Area beat: Oct. 28, 2017
Published 12:26 pm Monday, October 30, 2017
Americus Police Department
Arrests (Aug. 30-Sept. 19)
• Treshawn Q. Mack, 21, of 303 E. Glessner St., Apt. 3, Americus; disorderly conduct.
• George W. Mims, 52, of 104 Westlake Circle, Americus; DUI, failure to maintain lane.
• Anthony Mitchell, 41, of Americus; battery.
• Justice P. Peters, 20, of 421 E. Jefferson St., Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked and seatbelt violation.
• Emily V. Powell, 26, of 417 Forestside Circle, Americus; restraint against dogs and prohibition against nuisances.
• Dennis P. Sheffield, 61, of 417 E. Jefferson St., Americus; disorderly conduct.
• Joseph K. Smith, 29, of 229 Taylor St., Americus; disorderly conduct.
• Narodrick Stevens, 26, of Americus; battery.
• Jibri N. Tolbert, 38, of Albany; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked and speeding.
• Darren J. Trice, 31, 83 Barbara Battle Way, Americus; possession and use of a drug-related object and two counts of probation violation; jailed.
• Keianna J. Tyner, 22, 102-A Bessie Mays Circle, Americus; first-degree malicious cruelty to children; jailed.
• Sammie B. Twenty, 41, of 99 Bozeman Circle, Americus; battery.
• Timothy C. Wallace, 20, of Americus; simple assault (Family Violence Act).
• Andre J. Walton, 22, of 115 E. Lester St., Americus; simple assault (Family Violence Act).
• Jarvius J. Ward, 25, homeless; battery.
• Teona L. Waters, 19, of 105 Hanson Drive, Americus; disorderly conduct.
• Joseph White, 42, no address provided; reckless conduct, discharging firearms or near public property, and possession of firearm by convicted felon.
• Corderius Whitehead, 19, of 63-A Masonic Drive, Americus; simple battery.
Americus Probation Office
Arrest (Aug. 30)
• Robert M. Bennett, 40, Arnoldsburg, W.V.; probation violation; jailed.
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
Arrests (Sept. 10-14)
• Avienne K. Griffin, 24, of 838 Ridge St., Americus; DUI; released on bond.
• Anthony T. Lawson, 37, of 112 Garden Lane, Americus; DUI, failure to yield right of way to an emergency vehicle, seat belt violation, reckless driving, speeding (41 mph in a 25 zone), driving while license is suspended or revoked, and fleeing or attempting to elude police officer; jailed.
• Terrance M. Mathis, 23, of 601 Cuyler St., Oglethorpe; DUI and failure to maintain lane; released on bond.
Leslie Police Department
Arrest (Sept. 8)
• Christine Carnes, 44, of 121 S. Bailey St., Leslie; harassing phone calls; released on bond.
Plains Police Department
Arrests (Sept. 15-19)
• Luther J. Berry, 61, of 303 King Drive, Plains; first-degree cruelty to children; jailed.
• Kevith M.B. Evans, 19, of Parrott; speeding, possession of marijuana, and DUI; released on bond.
• Tracy M. Majors, 43, of 5975 Cass St., Preston; driving while license is suspended or revoked, knowingly driving motor vehicle on suspended/canceled/revoked registration, failure to maintain insurance and probation violation; jailed.
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
Arrests (Aug. 30-Sept. 20)
• Kendrick M. Burton, 32, of 914 Parker St., Americus; driving while license is suspended or revoked, failure to maintain lane, obscured or missing license plate; released on bond.
• Clifford M. Carter, 65, of 300 E. Lester St., Americus; theft by taking; released on bond.
• William S. Cleveland, 74, of 780 U.S. Highway 280 West, Plains; aggravated stalking; jailed.
• Billy J. Dixon, 41, of Newnan; aggravated battery; released by court order.
• Robert R. Dodd, 19, of Allenhurst; possession of marijuana and possession and use of drug-related objects; jailed.
• Brian K. Griffin, 32, of 194 Gary Brewer Road, Cobb; holding for Peach County Sheriff’s Office.