Area beat: Dec. 30, 2017
Published 1:09 pm Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to 24 calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to South Lee Street to a report of a gas leak. They found a gas odor in the area of the gas lamps on the historic bridge in the 400 block. They notified the gas department.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident at North Lee and Prince streets.
• Firefighters responded to Hardee’s, 220 Tripp St., after a bystander reported seeing a lot of smoke. They found a significant amount of steam coming from the roof. They went inside and learned this was routine cleaning.
• Firefighters responded to traffic accident at Church and Forrest streets.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Forsyth Street.
• Firefighters responded to West Church Street to a report of a gas odor. They found two gas heaters inside that were not working properly. They cut the gas line off and advised the occupants not to use the heaters until the gas department checked them.
• Firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on Reddick Drive. The occupant told them it activated when she turned on her stove. They got a positive reading for carbon monoxide inside. They called for the gas department and housing authority to come. They found the bottom of the oven lined with aluminum foil and advised the occupant to remove it to provide for proper ventilation.
• Firefighters responded to an alarm on Sunset Drive as part of an automatic aid agreement with Sumter County Fire & Rescue. It was a false alarm.
Americus Police Department
• Dillon G. Ball, 33, no address provided; battery. (Nov. 16)
• John R. Barrett, 22, of 144 N. Bailey Ave., Leslie; battery and aggravated assault; released on bond. (Nov. 14)
• Raphael M. Burns, 31, of 107 Sun Valley Drive, No. 6, Americus; misdemeanor obstruction of law enforcement officer and misdemeanor contributing to delinquency of a minor; jailed. (Nov. 21)
• Cheyanne N. Cromer, 18, of 202 Confederate St., Andersonville; misdemeanor theft by shoplifting; jailed. (Nov. 13)
• Quanesha Draines, 21, no address provided; obstruction of law enforcement officer. (Nov. 9)
• Quaneshia Floyd, 19, no address provided; affray. (Nov. 9)
• Arthur J. Garry, no age or address provided; misdemeanor theft by taking. (Nov. 15)
• Ricky L. Goober, 18, no address provided; possession of marijuana; (Nov. 15)
• Jabis C. Harper, 25, no address provided; contempt of court. (Nov. 9)
• Tanikaya S. Jackson, 35, no address provided; contempt of court. (Nov. 16)
• Rodrick L. Johnson, 28, of 1100 Quincy Drive, Americus; battery; jailed. (Nov. 21)