Junior Service League announces 2018 provisionals, elected honoraries
Published 1:54 pm Monday, May 14, 2018
AMERICUS — The active members of the Americus Junior Service League (JSL) are excited to announce the 2018 provisional and elected honorary members that have accepted an invitation for membership. These provisional members will be joining the league to volunteer their time and talents to better Sumter County for the next five years and nine months. The JSL of Americus was organized in 1937, with one aim in mind, to help others. This great group of women joins an active membership of almost 50 women that continue to carry on the tradition of the original members to improve the welfare of the citizens of our community.
• Kay Pace is an English lecturer at Georgia Southwestern State University (GSW) who lives in Americus with her husband Mark Pace. She has a bachelor degree in English from GSW and a master’s degree in English from Bowling Green State University. In her spare time, she enjoys gardening, traveling, and keeping up with her students. She is an active member of Calvary Episcopal Church. Her children’s names are Keith and Christie, and she is the proud grandmother of Laura Kate and Julianna.
• Andrea Powell is an interior designer at PerryStyle Interior Design. She and her husband Mike live in Americus. She received her interior design degree from the Art Institute of Atlanta. She enjoys designing, renovating her current home, traveling, reading, yoga, and spending quality time with family and friends. She is an active member of the Presbyterian Church and has been actively involved in the Colonial Dames and Four Seasons Garden Club.
• Carroll Wiggins is a Branch Office administrator and currently lives in Americus with her husband Scott. She received her college degree from Young Harris College. She enjoys working out, spending time with her grandchildren, reading, and cooking. She and her husband have five children — Shawn Wiggins, David McCorkle, Chris McCorkle, Jessica Childers, and Libby Moreno — and several grandchildren.
• Hannah Cannon is the winery manager of Wolf Creek Plantation in Americus. She is the wife of Chas Cannon, and they are expecting their first child, a daughter, in May. She is a graduate of Schley County High School and received a business management degree from GSW. She enjoys baking and spending time with her family in her free time. She and her husband attend Central Baptist Church.
• Emily DeVane is currently a special education teacher at Sumter County Primary School. She and her husband Mark live in Plains, are the proud parents of Ava, Adalyn, and Tripp. She is a graduate of GSW with a master’s degree in early childhood education. In her spare time, she enjoys baking and decorating cookies and painting. She and her family attend First Baptist Church in Americus.
• Angie Flegel is currently the business analyst for Habitat for Humanity. She and her husband Corey live in Americus where he is a record label owner and does promotions for local businesses. She is a graduate of Southern Illinois University with a bachelor’s degree in marketing. She enjoys reading, volunteering with Downtown Americus, DIY projects, organizing, and Auburn Football. She has also served on the CASA board where she was a former volunteer.
• Ansley Jones works as a preschool teacher at Sumter Primary School. She graduated from GSW where she received her degree in early childhood education. Her interests include working out and riding horses. She is a member of Weston Baptist Church which she has attended all of her life.
• Morgan Greene Lowther is a staff accountant at Studstill, Haugabook, and Hudgins, LLC in Americus. She graduated from North Georgia College with a bachelor of business administration in accounting. She is married to Preston, and they have two daughters, Beckett and Saylor. Her interests include music, outdoors, attending sporting events, and cats. She and her family are members of Central Baptist Church where she is involved in the music ministry and praise band as a vocalist.
• Mollie McGowan is currently a physical therapist in Columbus. She graduated from GSW with a bachelor’s of science in education (exercise science). She then attended the Medical College of Georgia (now known as Augusta University) where she received her doctorate of physical therapy.
• Kathryn Fowler Moore is employed as a law clerk for the Southwestern Judicial Circuit. She and her husband Brent live in Americus. She graduated from University of Mississippi with a bachelor of arts in classics and a juris doctorate degree in law. She enjoys playing golf, cooking, and reading in her spare time. She and her husband are members of Calvary Episcopal Church.
• Amanda Perry is the assistant deputy director of Perry Wellness Center. She graduated high school at Crisp Academy. She went on to get her associate’s degree at ABAC in family and consumer sciences, and her bachelor’s degree at GSW in business administration. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family, animals, decorating, party planning, crafts, and reading. She attends St. John’s Anglican Church.
• Lauren Sapp is employed as the director of special events at Magnolia Manor. She is a graduate of Georgia College & State University with a bachelor’s in mass communications. She enjoys traveling, beach trips, children, Magnolia Manor, dogs, watching movies, and Netflix.
• Brooke Young currently works in sales at Wolf Creek Plantation for the winery. She is a graduate of Schley County High School and GSW with a degree in early childhood education. She will begin her master’s program this summer. During college, she was a teacher at First Baptist Church Preschool in Americus. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling.