Area beat: June 8, 2019
Published 1:23 pm Saturday, June 8, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to five call for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at the Windsor Hotel, 125 W. Lamar St. No hazards were found but maintenance personnel stated lime was being poured down the chimneys to remove bats and possibly activated the alarm.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at 404-A Tripp St. The business owner told them a child on the premises had taken the fire extinguisher off the wall, pulled the pin, and expelled some of the extinguishing agent, which activated the alarm. Firefighters advised the owner that no one should occupy the building until all the fire extinguishing agent had been cleaned.
- Firefighters responded to Hanson Drive to a report of a lawnmower on fire. They found the grass had caught fire from the lawnmower exhaust. The owner had already extinguished the grass fire.
- Firefighters responded to Academy Street to a request for medical assistance but were cancelled in route.
Americus Police Department
- Mauricio C. Belmontes, 19, if 524 E. Furlow St., Americus; too fast for conditions and misdemeanor driving without a valid license. (6-5-19)
- Eddie Brown, 20, no address provided; misdemeanor possession of marijuana. (6-4-19)
- Marshall L. Hancock, 45, no address provided; possession and use of drug-related objects, driving while license is suspended or revoked, tail lights violation, failure to maintain insurance, and violation of registration and license requirements; jailed. (6-6-19)
- Lazelle Jones, 59, of 109 Brookdale Drive, Americus; probation violation; jailed. (6-6-19)
- Tavis Q. Jones, 30, 253-D Lonnie Lame, Americus; misdemeanor driving without a valid license. (6-5-19)
- Marcus A. Laster, 25, of 413 S. Hampton St., Americus; public intoxication and disorderly conduct. (6-1-19)
- Treshawn Q. Mack, of 570 Small Piece Road, Plains, misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (6-5-19)
- Dontavious D. Oliver, 24, of 124 Jenkins Road, Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (6-2-19)
- Reginal C. Oliver, 45, of 1020 Simmons Drive, Americus; fleeing or attempting to elude officers, too fast for conditions, and open container; jailed. (6-7-19)
- Eddie L. Williams, 68, of 103 Knollwood Drive, Americus; disorderly conduct; jailed. (6-6-19)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
- Christopher D. Lembrick, 35m of 201 Hosanna Circle, Americus; driving while license is suspended or revoked; jailed. (6-6-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Robert L. Burton, 41, of 542 Old Dawson Road, Americus; probation violation; jailed. (6-5-19)
- Gary A. Daniels, 29, of 202 Elliott St., Americus; probation violation; jailed. (6-5-19)
- Lakista D. McCuller, 26, of 834 Davenport St., Americus; loitering, obstruction of law enforcement officers, possession of marijuana, and possession and use of drug-related objects; jailed. (6-6-19)
- Timothy C. Payne, 21, of 109 Sun Valley Drive, Apt. 3, Americus; third-degree cruelty to children-to allow children to witness felony/battery/Family Violence; released on bond. (6-5-19)
- Charles J. Terry, 40, of 1207 Second Montgomery St., Americus; failure to obey terms of child support order; jailed. (6-6-19)
- Lamuel S. Ware, 29, of 246 Wiggins Road, Smithville; possession of Schedule II Controlled Substance, and possession and use of drug-related objects; jailed. (6-5-19)
- Luke Alexander, 27, of 405 Sam Bradley Road, Americus; speeding. (6-5-19)