Area beat: July 10, 2019
Published 10:15 am Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 22 calls for medical assistance
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Parker Street.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Mayo Street.
- Firefighters responded to a gas leak at a business at 101 Swett Ave. Upon arrival, they found workers with heavy machinery standing by a hole they had dug for fiber optics with a strong odor of natural has coming from the hole. They immediately blocked traffic in all directions to establish a safe zone. The city gas department arrived and shut off the gas to eliminate the hazard.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at Citi Trends, 1536 E. Forsyth St. It was a false alarm.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on West Lamar Street.
- Firefighters responded to Mallon Drive to a report of wires and tree down. They found a medium-sized tree across roadway and power lines down. They removed the tree from the roadway and Georgia Power arrived to remove the power lines.
- Firefighters responded to Rawley Road to an alarm. Sumter County Fire & Rescue was on scene and no smoke or fire were showing. They could see light smoke through one of the windows. The house owner arrived and unlocked the door for them. They found some small fires in the crawlspace where plastic underneath the house had caught fire and burned from one end to the other. All hazards were removed.
- Firefighters responded to a wildfire in the woods on Crawford Street. They extinguished a small wildfire and removed all hazards.
- Firefighters responded to East Lamar Street where smoke was coming from a vehicle which was created by an oil leak.
- Firefighters responded to a wild land fire on Railroad Street on the railroad right of way. They found a 40 by 20 sq. yard area on fire and extinguished it.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Armory Drive and the call was canceled by the alarm company enroute.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at Container Marketing, 110 Mathews Drive, where they found the alarm had been activated by dust.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Willet Way which was triggered by cooking.
- Firefighters responded to Railroad Street to a small woodland fire across the street from the city shop. They extinguished it.
Americus Police Department
- Jake J. Anthony, 28, of 100 Hayes Ave., Apt. 11, Ellaville; possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana; jailed. (7-5-19)
- Demetria N. Brown, 26, of 86-A Dixon Drive, Americus; misdemeanor failure to appear in court for a finger printable charge; fine paid. (7-4-19)
- Flozelle Brown, 37, of 108 Peppermint Way, Americus; operation of unregistered vehicle or vehicle without current license plate/validation decal, etc. and driving while unlicensed; jailed. (7-4-19)
- Natashia L. Brown, 38, of 132 E. Peppermint Way, Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor theft by receiving stolen property; jailed. (7-4-19)
- Monique L. Dowell, 30, of 103 Bill Cross St., Americus; theft by shoplifting. (7-4-19)
- Bobbie Hawkins, 47, of 612 Dismuke St., Americus; loud and unnecessary noises. (7-4-19)
- Cordarra J. Lockhart, 29, od 903-B Parker St., Americus; battery; jailed. (7-4-19)
- Amanda L. McClendon, 29, of 240-A Cartwright Road, Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (7-3-19)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Christopher D. Battle, 36, of 264 Wilson Battle Road, Leslie; “weekender” in jail. (6-28-19)
- Allicia F. Bennett, 27, of 173 Lakeview Drive, Cobb; holding for Crisp County. (6-28-19)
- Tenedrick C. Bishop, 26, of 205 E. Lester St., Americus; felony the by taking, and receipt/possession/or transfer of firearm by convicted felon or felony first offender; jailed. (6-2-19)
- Cordero D. Cannon, 3, of Lumpkin; parole violation; jailed. (7-2-19)
- Stephen D. McKinsey, 32, of Cordele; second-degree criminal damage to property, battery (Family Violence Act), criminal trespass, and parole violation; jailed. (6-27-19)
- Justin H. Minich, 30, of 218 Taylor St., Americus; criminal trespass; jailed. (6-27-19)
- Jasmine L. Perry, 24, of 300 E. Lester St., Americus; misdemeanor theft by taking, aggravated assault, armed robbery, robbery, and obstruction of law enforcement officers; jailed. (6-28-19)
- Daniel S. Pritchard, 34, of 110 Sawdust Trail, Cobb; DUI and failure to lane; released on bond. (7-1-19)
- Michelle E. Robertson, 51, of 157 Sylvan Drive, Americus; misdemeanor probation violation; jailed. (7-2-19)
- Brandon K. Robinson, 26, of 420 Macedonia Road, Preston; misdemeanor deposit account fraud and misdemeanor probation violation; jailed. (6-29-19)
- Melissa G. Rouland, 40, of Union City; aggravated assault; released on bond. (6-27-19)
- Amy M. Sawyer, 43, of 205 Memorial Mile, Americus; aggravated stalking and exploitation and intimidation of disabled adults, elder persons, and residents, obstruction of investigation; jailed. (6-27-19)
- Dominique M. Thomas, 35, of 140 Lonnie Lane, Apt. 246, Americus; two counts of probation violation, aggravated stalking, and obstruction of law enforcement officers; released on bond. (6-29-19)
- Brincess C. Cooke, 27, of 276 Ga. Highway 30 West, Americus; speeding. (7-3-19)
- Angenea N. Dye, 35, of Atlanta; speeding. (7-6-19)
- William F. Hubbard, 18, of 336 Chambliss Mill Road, Americus; speeding. (7-1-19)
- Gerald Kimsey, 36, of Baconton; speeding. (7-7-19)
- Haley S. Rodgers, 18, of 286 Harold Harris Road, Buena Vista; speeding. (7-2-19)
- Nirmal Singh, 60, of 144 U.S. Highway 280 East, Leslie; violation of hands-free device. (7-1-19)
- Jamie T. Temples, 27, of 1130 Felder St., Apt. 14-D, Americus; improper passing in a no-passing zone. (7-5-19)
- Miya L. Williamson, 18, of 505 Mayo St., Americus; speeding. (7-4-19)