Area beat: Sept. 4, 2019
Published 12:26 pm Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Americus Fire & Emergency Services
• Firefighters responded to seven calls for medical assistance.
• Firefighters responded to Joyce Court to a report of someone hearing a beeping noise in the house. They found an old smoke detector by a shed in a flower pot beeping. They disposed of it.
• Firefighters responded to a report of a gas leak on Tom Hall Circle. No hazards were found.
• Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Swett Avenue in which a car drove into the front of a business.
• Firefighters responded to Lorraine Avenue but no incident was found.
Americus Police Department
• James E. Dice, 31, of 140 Lonnie Lane, Apt. 239, Americus; aggravated assault, misdemeanor battery (Family Violence Act), criminal trespass (Family Violence Act), and cruelty to children in third degree or subsequent offense; jailed. (8-19-19)
• A 14-year-old male juvenile was charged with aggravated sodomy-commit sodomy with force and against person’s will or person less than 10 years old on Reddick Drive. (8-20-19)
• William A McCrary, 333, of 303 E. Glessner St., Americus; probation violation. (8-20-19)
• Bridgett A. Stuckey, 37, of 415 Confederate St., Andersonville; terroristic threats and acts. (8-20-19)